New song "The GRAVE"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New song "The GRAVE"

Used my new Marshall DSL exclusively tonight.
    I absolutely nailed the tone I was searching for!!
    I'm so pleased with that part of it!

I downloaded a few drum tracks around 2:30 today.
    Sat in the garage and developed a few riffs for a new song using the drum track I picked.
    Spent maybe an hour getting it written, practiced, and recorded.
    Threw a bassline on it, took 4 takes. I only play bass to record so...

Put the song together roughly then added a few solo ideas, I liked this feedback ridden, raw one instantly, I don't know why.

Wrote lyrics in about 20 minutes and laid a few vocal takes down.

Spent another hour sitting everything in the mix.

Really happy with the feel of it, esp the rythym guitar tracks. I didn't add a thing to them, that's how they were laid down, not even an EQ or anything.

Anyhow. For your listening displeasure:

Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Re: New song "The GRAVE"

Cool guitar tone and great sounding recording! Never been much into groove metal (only Pantera I cared for was CFH ..maybe a couple tracks from Vulgar display) ...but that's a sweet song! Not quite groove metal, but the elements are there..

The other chunkier track you posted earlier had a huge monster bass guitar tone too. Wish I could get my bass to sound like that..
    Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 12-09-2019, 01:13 AM.
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Fantastic sound. If I could get that much clarity on the low end of my recordings, I'd be psyched.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
        Fantastic sound. If I could get that much clarity on the low end of my recordings, I'd be psyched.
        Maybe I'll try turning the low cut on the recorder down, just a notch.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
          Cool guitar tone and great sounding recording! Never been much into groove metal (only Pantera I cared for was CFH ..maybe a couple tracks from Vulgar display) ...but that's a sweet song! Not quite groove metal, but the elements are there..

The other chunkier track you posted earlier had a huge monster bass guitar tone too. Wish I could get my bass to sound like that..
          Thanks!
          To tell you the truth I don't know much about how to record a bass, I used this borrowed Epiphone Thunderbird bass, and just ran it through my DSL on the clean channel and my blackstar 2x12 with V30'S. I pick almost as hard as I can.
          A touch of compressor in the software and that's all the attention I give the bass.
          Last edited by 80's_Metal; 12-10-2019, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post

Thanks brother!
            Seems like I read that you put a mic back a few feet when you record. Maybe try shoving the mic up into the speaker cone just off the edge of the dust cap and see if your clarity improves. Just an idea.

Comment

Working...
            X