Power requirements for active pickups AND active EQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power requirements for active pickups AND active EQ

Considering an upgrade for my bass, which already has an active EQ, running of a 9V battery. Pickups are currently passive ones.

If I go the full active route (Lightnin' Rods PJ set and an STC-3A) can I keep the single 9V battery setup, or will I need to run TWO 9V batteries?
    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Re: Power requirements for active pickups AND active EQ

you should be able to run one just fine, it just wont last as long though i havent used that exact setup. i ran an emg set with active eq off just one 9v and it was fine

Comment

Thanks, jeremy!
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Two batteries in series will change the sound of the bass, giving it more headroom. Two in parallel will sound the same, but with added battery life.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Thank you for that tip, JB from Hell!

Comment

Keep in mind also, that active pickups are amazingly efficient. I measured the current draw of an old HSS with all active pickups. The current draw was around 890 ua's. That's less than 1 ma. A single LED is 10x to 15x more than that.

Comment

Working...
            X