X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asia market Probuckers

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
    https://www.strat-talk.com/threads/e...bucker.402460/

This is the guy who swapped parts in and out of a Gibson pickup and a Probucker, then tested for differences in performance.

It's his second post (and the very last section of his first post) that really focus on comparing the different components themselves. The rest doesn't tell you much, as he's comparing two pickups with notably different winding specs.

Only difference of note was the covers, and even then, negligible in a real-world situation.

This guy is one of the only online pickup technical sources that I have come to trust, personally.
    That is fantastic.

Comment

I've owned both Alnico Classic Pros and Probuckers. Excellent pickups.
      I'd definitely upgrade an early 2000s Epi LP/SG/335 with some Probuckers if given the chance. They're way better than stock Epi pickups from 15 years ago.
      Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
      Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
      Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
      Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
        This guy is one of the only online pickup technical sources that I have come to trust, personally.
        Antigua? He's the p'up equivalent of a mix between a flat-earther and a climate change denier.

See the way he answers a random guy that never heard about Seth Lover p'ups and was interested in the back story.

Christmas present to myself - scored a brand new set for 170$ going into my Artcore semihollow body

Originally posted by Boognish
        Got any backstory or info on tone on these Seth Lovers? Never heard of them!
        Originally posted by Antigua
        One day Seymour Duncan drove to Seth Lover's house and offered him a metaphorical suitcase of money in exchange for the rights to use his name on new pickup set. Seth said he didn't really need the money, but his wife who was apparently was in on the conversation, urged him to take the suitcase of money. Then Seymour went and had lunch. That's what happened.
        Your Honor, I rest my case!

I wouldn't trust anything he says, even if it's "the sky is blue". If that's the person you trust, then sorry to say, you're not very good at judging characters

Consider yourself warned.

/Peter
        Last edited by Discharged; 12-14-2019, 04:39 PM.
        Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
        Kolding, Denmark

Comment

Originally posted by Discharged View Post
          Antigua? He's the p'up equivalent of a mix between a flat-earther and a climate change denier.

See the way he answers a random guy that never heard about Seth Lover p'ups and was interested in the back story.

Christmas present to myself - scored a brand new set for 170$ going into my Artcore semihollow body

Your Honor, I rest my case!

I wouldn't trust anything he says, even if it's "the sky is blue". If that's the person you trust, then sorry to say, you're not very good at judging characters

Consider yourself warned.

/Peter
          You’re ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
            You’re ridiculous.
            I wish I was!

/Peter
            Peter Pedersen aka Discharged
            Kolding, Denmark

Comment

I have a Probucker set in my Florentine and they are very very nice

I see them on Aliexpress all the time with covered and zebra sets with full harnesses for under $50

I would happily put a set in one of my guitars when I runn out of Duncan pickups
              EHD
              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                I have an Epic 339 with Probuckers. They are staying. Alnico Pro Humbuckers? Same thing???
                Correction: Alnico Classic Pro in the 339. Don't care - still love them.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                X