Slash model pups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slash model pups

Hi guys, new to this site & was wondering if Seymour Duncan makes a Slash model pup with an Alnico 5 magnet? If not can they be custom ordered or is there something very similar with the 5?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

Re: Slash model pups

welcome to the forum!

the aph-2 slash pups have alnico 2 magnets. slash used to use the aph-1 which also have alnico 2 magnets. the aph-1 and jazz pups are the same coils but the sh2 jazz has alnico 5 magnets. there is no "slash" model with a5 pups. you could buy a set of aph-2 slash pups and swap a5 magnets in

Comment

If you didn't want to do the swap yourself, you probably could order it as a "shop floor custom" to avoid paying CustomShop prices.
      Slash bridge is a really sweet pickup but I've often wished I could split mine. Too bad they don't make a 4-wire version.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

4 cond is a shop floor custom option on most pups. i have some 4 cond seths

Comment

If you like the Slash and also like the extra ‘oomph’ of the A5 magnet, consider The Whole Lotta’ Humbucker / SH-18, TB-18. Just dropped one in a hard-ash strat with a maple neck and a 2-point Hipshot trem. I’m all done swapping pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry of Black Diamo View Post
            Hi guys, new to this site & was wondering if Seymour Duncan makes a Slash model pup with an Alnico 5 magnet? If not can they be custom ordered or is there something very similar with the 5?
            Thanks,
            Jerry
            A Jazz bridge would come very close.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

To read what options are covered under the Shop Floor Custom program (and to learn what this program actually is), check this out.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                To read what options are covered under the Shop Floor Custom program (and to learn what this program actually is), check this out.
                That's handy. My Slash set was already in the guitar when I bought it but if ordering a set new I'd definitely request 4-wire.

There's nothing on the list about getting an A5 magnet instead of A2, but I think the OP probably could get that as a shop floor custom rather than custom shop.
                "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
                X