Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Slash model pups

Default Slash model pups

Hi guys, new to this site & was wondering if Seymour Duncan makes a Slash model pup with an Alnico 5 magnet? If not can they be custom ordered or is there something very similar with the 5?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

Default Re: Slash model pups

welcome to the forum!

the aph-2 slash pups have alnico 2 magnets. slash used to use the aph-1 which also have alnico 2 magnets. the aph-1 and jazz pups are the same coils but the sh2 jazz has alnico 5 magnets. there is no "slash" model with a5 pups. you could buy a set of aph-2 slash pups and swap a5 magnets in

If you didn't want to do the swap yourself, you probably could order it as a "shop floor custom" to avoid paying CustomShop prices.
    Slash bridge is a really sweet pickup but I've often wished I could split mine. Too bad they don't make a 4-wire version.
    "Brains have been washed. Wheels have been greased. Fear has been mongered. Now we prepare for the final stage of our conspiracy theory."

4 cond is a shop floor custom option on most pups. i have some 4 cond seths

If you like the Slash and also like the extra ‘oomph’ of the A5 magnet, consider The Whole Lotta’ Humbucker / SH-18, TB-18. Just dropped one in a hard-ash strat with a maple neck and a 2-point Hipshot trem. I’m all done swapping pickups.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry of Black Diamo View Post
    Hi guys, new to this site & was wondering if Seymour Duncan makes a Slash model pup with an Alnico 5 magnet? If not can they be custom ordered or is there something very similar with the 5?
    Thanks,
    Jerry
    A Jazz bridge would come very close.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

To read what options are covered under the Shop Floor Custom program (and to learn what this program actually is), check this out.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Mincer View Post
    To read what options are covered under the Shop Floor Custom program (and to learn what this program actually is), check this out.
    That's handy. My Slash set was already in the guitar when I bought it but if ordering a set new I'd definitely request 4-wire.

There's nothing on the list about getting an A5 magnet instead of A2, but I think the OP probably could get that as a shop floor custom rather than custom shop.
    "Brains have been washed. Wheels have been greased. Fear has been mongered. Now we prepare for the final stage of our conspiracy theory."