Sterling Music Man Ax40D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterling Music Man Ax40D

So I've wanted an EBMM Axis for a while, and recently found a used Ax40D for $600 after shipping and tax. Now, as far as I know, these guitars are no longer in production, and the only ones I usually find are for $1000+ CAD. (I am in Canada by the way, so everything is way more expensive) In 2019-2020, are these guitars worth it? Or is there something else that will fulfil my desire for a dive-only Floyd Rose.

Also I really don't want a tremol-no or a blocked Floyd Rose, a flush-mount Floyd Rose would be ideal.

Re: Sterling Music Man Ax40D

Those get excellent reviews. And you won't find a real USA EB/MM for that price. So if it is something you can't get locally for less, I'd say it is a good deal.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Assuming it's a proper AX40"D" with the DiMarzio pickups and not just a regular AX40, that's a great deal and those are excellent guitars for the money.

Comment

I have one, I like it quite a bit. I put SD parallel axis pickups in mine as it wasn’t the D version with real Dimarzio’s. Also I put a brass block and D tuna on the Floyd. I do wish the neck was a tiny bit wider than it is, but I feel that way about all ebmm except the Jp models.

If you like the neck they are excellent, much better than the olp versions and better than the later “sub” models.

The price is about right if it’s the Dimarzio version. I got mine for less because it wasn’t.

I have thought about having a new neck made that is wider and not a maple fretboard. But I’ll probably just get a cheaper fender made evh model instead.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, I went to try out the guitar, and found that the neck was a bit too thick for my tastes. Also the guitar felt really small, so I decided against it. Probably going to build a San Dimas USA clone in 2020 in order to fulfill flush-mount Floyd Rose needs

Comment

Working...
          X