NGD: PRS SE Singlecut Korina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: PRS SE Singlecut Korina

Picked it up today. I definetely needs new strings. Slim and lightweight.
    Attached Files

Re: NGD: PRS SE Singlecut Korina

Congrats, looks great & I’m sure it plays great as well!
    I own 2 SE’s and they can’t be beat for the quality to
    price ratio. Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks. They are well made and look pretty

Comment

Simple and direct. I really dig it! Congrats!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks. Those are the reasons why I also love SG´s: purtone with no bells and whistles.

Comment

I had one of those. Killer guitars. Enjoy.

Comment

I love me some Korina for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks. I will!.

Comment

I like it a lot. How does the feel of the se's compare to the higher end models?

The best feeling guitar i ever owned was my prs paul's guitar. The thing pretty much played itself. Unfortunately, it was rather honky sounding and the pickups were a weird shape so i could not swap them. So, it had to go.

I saw videos of people comparing private stocks to se's and honestly my ear couldn't pick up a huge dif (i don't consider my ear the best, though. And obviously youtube audio is compressed.). So, to me, the selling point would be if the feel is really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Open lane View Post
                    I like it a lot. How does the feel of the se's compare to the higher end models?

The best feeling guitar i ever owned was my prs paul's guitar. The thing pretty much played itself. Unfortunately, it was rather honky sounding and the pickups were a weird shape so i could not swap them. So, it had to go.

I saw videos of people comparing private stocks to se's and honestly my ear couldn't pick up a huge dif (i don't consider my ear the best, though. And obviously youtube audio is compressed.). So, to me, the selling point would be if the feel is really good.
                    SE´S are also very playable. I´ve read somewhere that PRS ships tonewoods to Korea, where they assemble them and install the electronics. However I couldn´t confirm this.

Some people are put off by the wide fat pattern necks of Singlecuts (43mm width at nut). However, the Customs (22 and 24) do have thin necks (the american ones also have regular patterns - 42 mm at nut).

Comment

For those of us that are radii challenged, this is off the PRS web site ....
                      FINGERBOARD RADIUS

10" on all guitars except when otherwise stated
                      11.5" on the Santana models and 12 strings
                      7.25” on Silver Sky

One day last year, I was visiting the little local store and really wasn't planning on buying a guitar. So I tried several PRS guitars - S2's and the American made models, just to say I did, and found that the necks didn't fit my fingers.

The S2's I tried were smooth, fast, and incredible guitars for the price. The only negative point for me was the neck radius.

Unless you are just interested in getting a PRS American, I'd suggest trying a couple of SE's like the Custom 22 or 24. Seriously, the SE Customs felt smooth and ready to play right off the store rack. Then jump up to the PRS S2's. Yes, you feel some refinement as you go up from model lines. And then trying the PRS American models. So, you are the judge.

Tried a SE Santana and took it home that day. The neck radius felt right - I'm primarily a SG player. The factory set up was nice - high enough to let me dig in a bit and still play fast lines and some nice blues / jazz chords.

As the honeymoon as over and the new guitar shine wore off, the stock pickups started sounding slightly muffled as compared to my other guitars. This is what I was waiting for - the guitar now has a pro set up and new pickups. The stock pickups were replaced with a WLH - 59/Custom combo. The guitar now plays and sounds incredible.

And no!
                      That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                      And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

The Santana models are also very nice. I might change pups later too, maybe a 59 neck and a Pearly Gates bridge, which seem to get a lot of love in this forum

Comment

i like this one and the singlecuts in general! Really great playing and sounding guitars! Congrats to you.

Watch how headless guitars are made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQD8MtQeiVQ&t=16s

www.claasguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by RBadel91 View Post
                            i like this one and the singlecuts in general! Really great playing and sounding guitars! Congrats to you.
                            Thanks a lot.

Comment

I used to have one of those. It was very light and comfy. Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X