NGD: PRS SE Singlecut Korina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD: PRS SE Singlecut Korina

The SE Mira & SE Starla are new upcoming additions to the lineup for 2020. I'm drooling over the Mira.

The SE line production was moved to Indonesia sometime ago. Haven't checked out any yet, my Korean SE Cu22 is very nice except for the nut material. The pickups stock pickups grew on me, haven't had to swap them out lately but if I did then it would be for the WLH set.

Comment

Haven't played PRS SEs in quite a while, but I think I only tried one that didn't feel quite right, and pretty much a dozen of them that were killer guitars.
      Even the pickups were mostly OK in my opinion. A bit generic maybe, but very balanced and correct sounding once you crank your amp.
      Never tried a Korina and I'd love to.

Question, what's with that trem piece? Is it a fixed compensated unit? Doesn't look like it has any moving bits from the picture.
      Last edited by Diego; 12-13-2019, 01:13 PM.
      Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
      Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
      Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
      Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

yes, very common prs wrap around tail piece

Comment

Originally posted by RBadel91 View Post
          i like this one and the singlecuts in general! Really great playing and sounding guitars! Congrats to you.
          Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
            The SE Mira & SE Starla are new upcoming additions to the lineup for 2020. I'm drooling over the Mira.

The SE line production was moved to Indonesia sometime ago. Haven't checked out any yet, my Korean SE Cu22 is very nice except for the nut material. The pickups stock pickups grew on me, haven't had to swap them out lately but if I did then it would be for the WLH set.
            The Mira has a thin body and sounds like an SG. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
              Haven't played PRS SEs in quite a while, but I think I only tried one that didn't feel quite right, and pretty much a dozen of them that were killer guitars.
              Even the pickups were mostly OK in my opinion. A bit generic maybe, but very balanced and correct sounding once you crank your amp.
              Never tried a Korina and I'd love to.

Question, what's with that trem piece? Is it a fixed compensated unit? Doesn't look like it has any moving bits from the picture.
              It is a PRS designed stop tail bridge. It doesnīt have any moving bits. Itīs truly a fixed bridge. I will play it for a while to see if I like the pups. If not, I will repace them with something that takes me into NWBHM territory.

Comment

Working...
              X