G&L Bluesboy wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&L Bluesboy wiring

My Bluesboy will have a Seth Lover humbucker in the neck and a hand wired single coil bridge pick up. Does anyone know if I could install two of the newer Fender dual pots so I could keep the humbucker using 500k and the bridge using 250k? I've never seen the dual pots before and I'm not sure how they work.

Re: G&L Bluesboy wiring

doesn't necc have to be fender. you could use any dual ganged 250k/500k pot and accomplish that. You could accomplish the sm thing with a single pot and the right pickup selector... putting a (250k?) resistor across lugs 2/3 of a 500k pot when the single coil is selected. I wouldn't expect a world of difference there... (oversimplified) single coil will just be a bit brighter on a 250k and a humbucker will just be a bit darker on a 250k. Or just permanently wire in a 350k resistor to a 500k pot for a 350k pot for both... a nice compromise there. hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermikev View Post
      doesn't necc have to be fender. you could use any dual ganged 250k/500k pot and accomplish that. You could accomplish the sm thing with a single pot and the right pickup selector... putting a (250k?) resistor across lugs 2/3 of a 500k pot when the single coil is selected. I wouldn't expect a world of difference there... (oversimplified) single coil will just be a bit brighter on a 250k and a humbucker will just be a bit darker on a 250k. Or just permanently wire in a 350k resistor to a 500k pot for a 350k pot for both... a nice compromise there. hope that helps.
      Thanks. Sounds like I have a few options. I'm going to wait and see how it sounds first, but I imagine I will be modding the wiring. The original bluesboy has a mdf pickup in the bridge that is most likely a lot hotter than the 52. I also think the vintage bridge pup will have a volume drop.

Comment

With my Tele, I have a Psyclone Vintage (Filter'tron) pickup in the neck and a standard Tele bridge pickup. I went for 250K pots and just didn't wire the Psyclone to the tone pot.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Working...
        X