Timmy pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timmy pedal

I'm looking to get a Timmy pedal, I see they come in different colors, are there any major differences as far as tones? Or is the color a personal taste?

Thanks!
    Jackson Custom Tele
    Epiphone G400 PRO
    Marshall DSL40C w/V30
    GLS Audio
    Ernie Ball
    Dunlop
    SD-1

Play music to skate too 🤙

Re: Timmy pedal

a few version have different chips but they are all socketed so you can swap but i think almost all of em have the same 4559. i had a v1 that i put a different chip in (tl072 i think) and a v2 with the 4559 and they did sound a touch different but very similar and i cant say one was better than the other. they are hands down my favorite overdrive with bf fender style amps and a fantastic od overall. the pre-drive bass control and post drive treble control make it very musical and the three options let you add more clipping or asymmetrical clipping.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      a few version have different chips but they are all socketed so you can swap but i think almost all of em have the same 4559. i had a v1 that i put a different chip in (tl072 i think) and a v2 with the 4559 and they did sound a touch different but very similar and i cant say one was better than the other. they are hands down my favorite overdrive with bf fender style amps and a fantastic od overall. the pre-drive bass control and post drive treble control make it very musical and the three options let you add more clipping or asymmetrical clipping.
      Ohhhhh okay, kinda like the different versions of the fulltone OCD.. I would have never guessed, well I'll do some research on what favors what. Do you know How many versions there are? I see they have a new one but I guess I'm curious about the previous version, as far as what has more of what.
      Jackson Custom Tele
      Epiphone G400 PRO
      Marshall DSL40C w/V30
      GLS Audio
      Ernie Ball
      Dunlop
      SD-1

Comment

If it makes sense, id like to get one that sounds relatively warm in tone. I've been watching YouTube vids, an found article about the differences but its mainly the capacitors, and technical stuff that I don't know. I been leaning toward the the newest one but still like to hear others opinions
        Last edited by Skater; 12-12-2019, 02:30 PM.
        Jackson Custom Tele
        Epiphone G400 PRO
        Marshall DSL40C w/V30
        GLS Audio
        Ernie Ball
        Dunlop
        SD-1

Comment

I had V2 and sold it when I bought V3. I like the extra boost circuit V3 includes. I've been using it for a lead boost into my JCM800 Studio. It really pushes the amp in a very musical way. Sadly, I'm going to be losing my job at the end of the year so I'm probably going to have to part with the Timmy and go back to my old TS.
          Craig

Comment

Originally posted by lp1987x View Post
            I had V2 and sold it when I bought V3. I like the extra boost circuit V3 includes. I've been using it for a lead boost into my JCM800 Studio. It really pushes the amp in a very musical way. Sadly, I'm going to be losing my job at the end of the year so I'm probably going to have to part with the Timmy and go back to my old TS.
            Sorry to hear about your position with your job. Well I have a jcm900 MKIII so hopefully I can get a similar result. I'm using 3 boss pedals, sd1 Waza a MIT SD1 and a TU2. I'd really like to see what the Timmy could do for me
            Jackson Custom Tele
            Epiphone G400 PRO
            Marshall DSL40C w/V30
            GLS Audio
            Ernie Ball
            Dunlop
            SD-1

Comment

Thanks. I could sell you mine, if your interested. I paid a premium I suppose since there was a waiting list from Paul when I bought mine.
              Craig

Comment

Originally posted by lp1987x View Post
                Thanks. I could sell you mine, if your interested. I paid a premium I suppose since there was a waiting list from Paul when I bought mine.

Well in all fairness I don't know how much one goes for, so I don't want to low ball you. But, if you give a price, maybe.
                Jackson Custom Tele
                Epiphone G400 PRO
                Marshall DSL40C w/V30
                GLS Audio
                Ernie Ball
                Dunlop
                SD-1

Comment

Working...
                X