banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dimarzio TK Neck + SD Broadcaster Bridge - How's the middle position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio TK Neck + SD Broadcaster Bridge - How's the middle position?

I have the Vintage Broadcaster set in my Tele now. I went from the Suhr Classic T to the SD set. In hindsight, the Suhr set was fine. Comparing the two, the bridge was a little smoother on the Suhr and maybe a little more "rock". I like the SD Broadcaster bridge better as I have a rosewood board and the brighter/brattier SD Broadcaster suits it better. What I don't particularly care for is the the neck that comes in the SD Broadcaster set. It works fine to create an interesting middle position but it's pretty useless, to me, on it's own. I've read a number of people here have replaced the neck with the more lively Twang King neck. What I didn't catch on to is whether the middle position suffered i.e. too bright and thin after the change. How does the middle position sound with this pickup mix?

Re: Dimarzio TK Neck + SD Broadcaster Bridge - How's the middle position?

Its not the pickup itself. Its because SD is still using vintage correct brass covers, which are dampening the highs. Get some raw nickles covers for your Broadcaster neck and you are done.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post
      Its not the pickup itself. Its because SD is still using vintage correct brass covers, which are dampening the highs. Get some raw nickles covers for your Broadcaster neck and you are done.
      Interesting...I've never replaced a Tele neck cover. What Nickel or Nickel/Silver covers would fit correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by Stretch Guitarstrong View Post
        Interesting...I've never replaced a Tele neck cover. What Nickel or Nickel/Silver covers would fit correctly?
        The dimensions of the vintage SD clones are pretty Fender standard.

Just put some tape on the pole pieces, then put the new cover on and bend the tabs to a snug fit. The middle tab is soldered to the ground wire.
        Last edited by hamerfan; 12-17-2019, 01:50 PM.
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Working...
        X