bobbin toppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobbin toppers

Guys/gals, Im so sorry to ask this again, but Im having mental and comp issues with the forum site, so pls forgive me...

Where can I get bobbin toppers? I thought it was thru jemsite, but I cant find em there.. Link? thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: bobbin toppers

Comment

Not who I have used in the past, but thank you very much!! You ever deal with this co?
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Nice to know of another source.

The Jemsite guy that made the originals passed away this year unexpectedly.

I recently ordered a set of cream ones from "blackskullguitarworkshop" on eBay out of Ukraine, but, while made well, the cream color was more light brown and totally hideous :/

Comment

Oh! Sad! Thanks for the info cuz that is where I thought I got mine from in the past. But wasnt finding them on Jemsite, so thought id lost my marbles..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Universal Jems, that was the guy Brian Calvert. I just went to his site recently and saw it was down. Found info on Facebook that he passed over the summer. I loved dealing with him on and off through the years.

Comment

Universal Jems! That was the place - had stuff all indexed by brand etc....

Damn.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

What's the word on bobbin toppers? Do they hold up well? Or look like crap after a year or two?

Comment

Here's a pic on MyLesPaul.com: https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/an...blacks.305274/

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                    What's the word on bobbin toppers? Do they hold up well? Or look like crap after a year or two?
                    As long as you clean the bobbins well, they adhere great and don't come off until you want them to. Many players have reported using them for 7+ years without issue. They're vinyl, so, unless you're exposing them to direct sunlight regularly, they should continue to look good for a very long time. I wipe them down when cleaning, but try to avoid oils and solvents that might get under the topper and degrade the adhesive.

Comment

Yeah, Masta'C nailed it. Ive had great luck with them over the years. Matter of fact I recently had to remove one from a pickup. Even after many years of being on, I had to peel it off as it was still adhering well. And, the removal was not an ordeal. Very easy clean up.

OK... BlueSnMettle.. Have you ordered from the site you listed? Im trying to figure what I need to order. Their stickers all appear to have specific application. DIm DP100, Ibanez RG, Seymore (yeah they mispelled) Duncan SH 1, etc. I need toppers for a couple of Duncans (not 59s) and a couple of other brands of pickups.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

The biggest difference between those is the pole piece spacing

DiMarzio standard: 48mm
                        DiMarzio F-spaced: 51mm

Duncan standard: 49mm
                        Duncan Trembucker: 52.6mm

I'm contemplating ordering some myself
                        Last edited by Masta' C; 12-20-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, know its the spacing. Just that the descriptions on universal jems was IIRC more generic. standard or F spaced.. This co lists: RG, Dimarzio DP155 (again IIRC), SD 59. So just concerned about ordering for a non SD/Dim product or a Duncan other than a 59

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Just measure...
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I can measure my pickups, but again, not sure which toppers to order from this co as they list them for specific pickups. Univ Jems listed theirs as standard or f spaced and such. Guess Ill just try ordering a couple and hope for the best

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                              X