Impending NGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impending NGD

Gentlemen I’ve been admiring the Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster for quite some time. There are basically three models of this guitar, the 57 based maple neck model, a thin-line semi hollow 57 type maple neck, and an early 60’s model with a rosewood fretboard and binding on the neck. I’ve always been drawn to the 60’s model. I’ve been watching as the colors I like have been discontinued, and the prices on these guitars have been inching up.

These guitars have some great features. For starters, it already has the EJ tone mod, which I like on Strats. I think the binding is very cool, and the nitro finish and color are up my alley as well.

I like the candy apple red, and the brown ones. I was watching a used, but like new, brown one on eBay. I tried to buy an open box one from Musicians Friend, but was the wrong color, and they wouldn’t apply a discount code I had, because it was already discontinued.

So I bought the used one which was $150 cheaper, and the color I wanted. It’s being shipped. I’ll post more pictures when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mojosman; 12-16-2019, 04:08 AM.

Re: Impending NGD

Sweet!

The EJ is still the best production Strat you can get IMO.
    -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Beautiful guitar. Awesome!

Comment

I'm personally kinda drawn to the blue one with the maple neck . . . but wouldn't kick that one out of bed either.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

That is a gorgeous guitar.

Comment

Thanks guys. I’ve been thinking about one of these for a long time. I really like this brown color for some reason, but that red is pretty sweet too. I can’t wait to get my hands on it, and hear it on an amp.

I was worried my wife was going to not take the news very well when I told her, but she was ok with it. This will be Strat #5. I’ve gotta stop buying Strats.

Comment

Originally posted by mojosman
              This will be Strat #5. I’ve gotta stop buying Strats.

Nice guitar!

I’m with you in the Strats, they keep showing up.

Ah, you got the brown one?
              Last edited by PFDarkside; 12-12-2019, 09:38 PM.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by mojosman View Post
                Gentlemen I’ve been admiring the Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster for quite some time. There are basically three models of this guitar, the 57 based maple neck model, a thin-line semi hollow 57 type maple neck, and an early 60’s model with a rosewood fretboard and binding on the neck. I’ve always been drawn to the 60’s model. I’ve been watching as the colors I like have been discontinued, and the prices on these guitars have been inching up.

These guitars have some great features. For starters, it already has the EJ tone mod, which I like on Strats. I think the binding is very cool, and the nitro finish and color are up my alley as well.

I like the candy apple red, and the brown ones. I was watching a used, but like new, brown one on eBay. I tried to buy an open box on from Musicians Friend, but was the wrong color, and they wouldn’t apply a discount code I had, because it was already discontinued.

So I bought the used one which was $150 cheaper, and the color I wanted. It’s being shipped. I’ll post more pictures when it arrives.

I really like this color. What is it called?
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Palomino Gold if I am not mistaken
                  -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
                  “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    I think it’s Palomino Brown. I’ll find out when I get it if it’s a shade of gold, but in pictures it looks brown to my eyes.

Comment

It finally arrived yesterday while I was at work. It is in perfect condition. It feels and plays great. Oddly, the previous owner had really tiny strings on it, maybe 8’s maybe even lighter. They feel like they will break when you bend them, and they loose compared to what I’m used to. I will put some 10’s on it.

It came with all the case candy and even the “sale” price tag from Guitar Center where the previous owner must have bought it originally. It’s got great features, a great finish, and I’m told the pickups are one of the best sets Fender makes. I may need to adjust them as the heights look a bit odd, and the middle pickup is really close to the strings; but I’ll change strings first and play it a bit before I go down that road.

Comment

Oh dude
                        I love the bound neck on a Stratocaster thing
                        EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

very cool man! unique color and a great guitar

Comment

Wow, I love it. Congratulations.

Comment

Have been wanting one for a very long time...too many strats to justify...how do the EJ voiced PUs sound?

Comment

Working...
                              X