Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Impending NGD

Originally posted by justFred View Post
    Have been wanting one for a very long time...too many strats to justify...how do the EJ voiced PUs sound?
    It looks like somebody fiddled with them a bit. The middle is very close to the strings and both the bridge and the neck seem a tad low. After I put some bigger strings on it I'm going to try and find the sweet spot for each of them. People say that this is one of the best Fender Strat pickup sets made, but in all honesty I had my partscaster that has D. Allen Flat 50's in it (A3 magnets-no stagger. Middle pickup NOT RW/RP) and I was playing one, and then plugging the other and playing the same thing; and the partscaster sounded better in every position. Both guitars have the EJ tone mod, so that's not a factor. However, I'm not rushing to any conclusions until I get this set up, and strung the way I like it. The pickups had some bite, but were in the vintage range, they just didn't have the chime and clarity the D. Allens had. Like I said, I won't judge based on the way it came out of the box, plus those tiny strings probably aren't optimal for tone purposes. Just a hunch.

Comment

Where did that price come from? I thought list on EJ strats was $1950?
      -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
      “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

Originally posted by Ayrton View Post
        Where did that price come from? I thought list on EJ strats was $1950?
        That was in the case. If you blow it up you’ll find a date 12/9/09. That must have been when the first guy bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mojosman View Post
          That was in the case. If you blow it up you’ll find a date 12/9/09. That must have been when the first guy bought it.
          I was afraid you had paid that
          -Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
          “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

So was my wife! The seller was asking $1,550, and the auction had a make an offer tab, so I offered $1,500. They took it. Right now on Musician ‘s Friend they have two brand new ones that are called “open box blemished” and that are that Robins egg blue color. They are about $1,600 but with free shipping (I paid $45 for shipping) It wasn’t the color I wanted, but I had coupon codes to save an additional 10%, but they wouldn’t apply the code because the open box price is already discounted. So I figured I would get the color I like, and I’m glad I did. New would have been nice, but honestly this puppy is like new.

Comment

Nice score on a beautiful guitar. I love the color it is so unique.

Comment

That's a lot of money for a guitar they didn't even put a back cover on [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
                  That's a lot of money for a guitar they didn't even put a back cover on [emoji14]

I was actually surprised that there aren’t even screw holes for one. I guess he never uses one, and to be honest none of my Strats has one on it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by mojosman View Post

I was actually surprised that there aren’t even screw holes for one. I guess he never uses one, and to be honest none of my Strats has one on it anyway.

Part of his signature specs ! I'm sure there is some tonal reason why he prefers it or maybe he just like to be able to adjust it easily ? It looks cool for what it is, but I prefer to have mine on, just prefer the covered up aesthetic I guess. Hide the guts y'know. I just keep the 4 corner screws on though so I can take it off quicker. The Alexi Laiho signature guitars also don't have a cover or screw holes for them

Oh by the way happy NGD. It's pretty sweet. I do love a stratocaster with the pure maple neck (no walnut stripe)

Last edited by BeKindRewind; 12-19-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I have no idea why there are even any backplates on a Strat anyway. It doesn't look any better, and on some Strats, the holes don't line up well and it gets in the way anyway. And if there has to be a backplate...why not hold it on with magnets instead of screws?
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

its cause when you play behind your head, you dont want your hair caught in the springs duh!

Comment

Working...
                        X