• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedalboard and power supply

Hey everybody,
    What pedalboard and power supply are you all
    using? And why. Thanks.

Re: Pedalboard and power supply

i have a one spot and a boss psa 120s that i use to power the little board (literally a board with velcro) they both work fine but ive had one of each die on me, hence having two in the bag in case one dies again. my big board has a voodoo lab pp2 that ive had forever and has never given me any issues in 10 years

Comment

I’ve got a Pedaltrain Mini and a Pedaltrain Pro. Power is a T. Rex Chameleon for the small one and Voodoo Lab Mondo & PP2+ on the big one.

VinceT has mentioned his Chameleon made some noise and I notice it as well, so It would be nice to upgrade, but for the most part it works great and powers the wide variety of pedals I throw at it.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I've been using 1-spots for 15 years. Had one die on me eight years ago while setting up (although I think it was a wiring issue from the place I was playing , they blew out several of the lights at the same time).. I can power the whole board with a single one spot, but link them up with two now so there's always a backup available quickly and ready to go if necessary. I also suspect that running them with a lower power draw will make 'em last longer.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I don't have a pedal board at this time but I use a MXR mini iso-brick. It can power 4 9v and 1 18v pedals which is enough for me. It is also really small so it doesn't take up much space.

Comment

Originally posted by CK71 View Post
            I don't have a pedal board at this time but I use a MXR mini iso-brick. It can power 4 9v and 1 18v pedals which is enough for me. It is also really small so it doesn't take up much space.
            I’m actually looking at the MXR M238 (larger iso-brick)
            which has six 9v, two 18v and two 6-15v variable slots.
            Price is pretty good on it and there is some flexibility.

Comment

I have two Pedaltrain Pro Classics, both powered by multiple VoodooLabs Pedal Power 2 +, and a Pedaltrain Terra, powered by multiple VoodooLabs Pedal Power Mondo.

Comment

I've gone through the attributes of the main pedal board power supplies in detail on this forum on other threads....

I presently use 2 Strymon Ojais because in my testing of digital pedals (which are notoriously noisy), the Ojai was the quietest. I use 2 for redundancy for touring.

AND I will say I'm not a Strymon fanboy either -As I'm for the separation of Church and Rock and Roll (Mega Church joke there)

-It's just they had the best product of the 4-5 I compared.

the main this you want is isolation transformers -if you don't get at minimum that, then you're wasting your money, and should just buy the cheapest daisy chain -Also, if you play on stage, status lights per each circuit is important -
                Last edited by NegativeEase; 12-17-2019, 05:06 PM.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSnMettle View Post
                  I’m actually looking at the MXR M238 (larger iso-brick)
                  which has six 9v, two 18v and two 6-15v variable slots.
                  Price is pretty good on it and there is some flexibility.
                  I am very pleased with my iso-brick. I haven't had any issues at all and the pedals sound as good on it as if they were running on batteries, but now my delay pedal doesn't have to eat batteries anymore.

Comment

When I use individual pedals, I use a One Spot, and never had issues. I use a few different multi fx these days, so the individual pedals don't get a lot of use outside of home.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                      I’ve got a Pedaltrain Mini and a Pedaltrain Pro. Power is a T. Rex Chameleon for the small one and Voodoo Lab Mondo & PP2+ on the big one.

VinceT has mentioned his Chameleon made some noise and I notice it as well, so It would be nice to upgrade, but for the most part it works great and powers the wide variety of pedals I throw at it.
                      Indeed. I keep mine on my small board, but moved over to a Truetone CS12 for my main board. It’s excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

On my big board I use a One Spot CS12, as it offered the best balance of performance, capacity and cost, and I've been very happy with it. I use a Volto on my mini board, which is great.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

I have a Palmer pedalbay 40. It has room for 10 boss size pedals. It is in alluminium alloy which is light and considerably sturdy. My power supply is a cs12 from truetone. You can power up to 12 pedals with different current draw and different voltages.

Comment

I have a Pedaltrain Pro, a Decibel 11 Hot Stone Deluxe and a One Spot for the smaller stomps. I desperately need to do my board over. It is need of new velcro and some serious cable management.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              I have a Pedaltrain Pro, a Decibel 11 Hot Stone Deluxe and a One Spot for the smaller stomps. I desperately need to do my board over. It is need of new velcro and some serious cable management.
                              You and I both, m'friend, our newest rescue dog (whom we just adopted), likes to tear at the velcro, thank God she doesn't shed.....

Comment

Working...
                              X