Pedalboard and power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedalboard and power supply

My guilty pleasure is looking at those sweet boards like Schmidt Array, Blackbird, etc. but they’re so pricey. If I wasn’t so busy I’d build a knockoff version, but I’d rather spend the free time I do have playing instead of building.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

My nano/blues board is just plywood/Velcro and an old school daisychain OneSpot.

Small board is a Pedaltrain Metro 20 with a OneSpot Pro CS6 (6 feeds total, 2:9V/500mA, 2:9-12V/200mA, 2:9-18V/100mA).

The other is a Rockboard Quad 4.1 with a VoodooLabs Power2Plus (8 feeds total: 6 switchable 9-12V including 2@500mA, then 2 adjustable 4-9V for sag, plus an aux outlet that can power a wallwart).

I like the Power 2 Plus but I wish one or two of the feeds offered 18V capability.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
        AND I will say I'm not a Strymon fanboy either -As I'm for the separation of Church and Rock and Roll (Mega Church joke there)

I like Strymon pedals, but I don't need anything that elaborate... and they start at like $300. I'm not a professional guitarist.

To answer OP's question:
        I use the lid one of these as my board because it is really convenient to carry. I also use the Friedman Grid Power 10 to be able to power pretty-much whatever I want as 10 ports with 350mA each covers what I need with plenty to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
          My nano/blues board is just plywood/Velcro and an old school daisychain OneSpot.

Small board is a Pedaltrain Metro 20 with a OneSpot Pro CS6 (6 feeds total, 2:9V/500mA, 2:9-12V/200mA, 2:9-18V/100mA).

The other is a Rockboard Quad 4.1 with a VoodooLabs Power2Plus (8 feeds total: 6 switchable 9-12V including 2@500mA, then 2 adjustable 4-9V for sag, plus an aux outlet that can power a wallwart).

I like the Power 2 Plus but I wish one or two of the feeds offered 18V capability.
          there is a cable you can get from voodoo that will take 2 9v spots and make em one 18v supply. i had one but ended up wanting all the outputs for 9v/12v so use a stand alone 18v wall wart. i already have to have a wall wart for the ttc and rotosphere so it wasnt the end of the world. there is a power strip under the hood with the pp2 and the three wall warts plugged into it. obviously wont work for everyone, depends on the board design, but works for me

Comment

I use a MKS PowerPad II. I don’t remember what brand the pedal board is. I bought it used with the power supply from the bass player in my band (he plays guitar in other bands.)

It’s only powering my Wah, Phase 90, and a modded Joyo Ultimate Drive (OCD clone). The Microsynth is AC powered and the Whammy is an older 9VAC model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ahh, the Microsynth! I used to have its big brother, the EH Guitar Synthesizer, which was 2 or 3 rack spaces. What an odd beast that was.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I recevied my Outlaw Effects Nomad rechargeable pedalboard (http://www.outlawguitareffects.com/accessories/nomad) last week. So it's a pedalboard with a built-in power supply (9v-12v,18v/24v) and a built-in 12500mah rechargeable battery. I have the small one for my bass rig, it's impressively light.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
                  I recevied my Outlaw Effects Nomad rechargeable pedalboard (http://www.outlawguitareffects.com/accessories/nomad) last week. So it's a pedalboard with a built-in power supply (9v-12v,18v/24v) and a built-in 12500mah rechargeable battery. I have the small one for my bass rig, it's impressively light.
                  How does it work? Is there only one battery feeding all the pedals or each pedal has its own battery pack?

Comment

i assume they all share the one 12500mah battery pack

Comment

I wonder if with only one source the outlets are isolated

Comment

I'm using a Temple Audio Trio 28 board with a Dunlop DC Brick for running power to my 9V pedals. I have a power strip on there as well for my Fractal AX8 and Powerstage 170 to go into. I also use a Pedaltrain Volto rechargeable power supply for my compact pedalboard that rules.

Comment

My gig board is a Pedaltrain PT2 and MXR/CAE 403 power

Comment

Originally posted by EmiAba View Post
                            How does it work? Is there only one battery feeding all the pedals or each pedal has its own battery pack?
                            It's one 12500mAh battery feeding the (I assume) isolated power supply, both are hidden in the pedalboard frame. I assume the power supply is isolated because it has 4 sections: 3x9V 600mA, 4x9V 2000mA, 2x12V 1000mA and 1x18V/24V 500mA. Working very well, I can play for many hours without recharging (but I usually play connected at home).

Comment

Working...
                            X