Easiest solution for playing to a backing track with headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Easiest solution for playing to a backing track with headphones

You could get almost any cheap 15 watt practice amp at a pawn shop that has an Aux in and phones out and do this.

But HOLY CARP that Waza headphones thing is cool!!!!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      You could get almost any cheap 15 watt practice amp at a pawn shop that has an Aux in and phones out and do this.

But HOLY CARP that Waza headphones thing is cool!!!!
      I just learned more about it, the fact that the amp is in a “virtual location” and as you turn your head it moves across the stereo spectrum is amazing. Wonder if IEMs will start to incorporate this.

Also, it seems like they should have released it about a month earlier, seems like an awesome Christmas present for guitarists.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        I just learned more about it, the fact that the amp is in a “virtual location” and as you turn your head it moves across the stereo spectrum is amazing. Wonder if IEMs will start to incorporate this.

Also, it seems like they should have released it about a month earlier, seems like an awesome Christmas present for guitarists.
        They are on the NAMM cycle it seems, instead of the Christmas one. This indeed would be a great Christmas gift (from me to me).
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah, those Waza headphones do look sweet! I also want a job at a record store that apparently pays enough to live in a sweet house like that!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

What's the point of that? Basically they are just emulating the negative thing in real amp vs. headphones that inherently don't have that problem?
            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
            Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

When I'm recording guitar tracks or even just jamming or building ideas, I use a cheap set of Bluetooth headphones I got from Walgreens for like 30bucks. Then I crank the amp up over the top of them and record it.

Headphones help keep the amp from killing me and I still play on beat.
              Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Smaller PA mixer
                As said above

Amp headphone out to mixer
                Jam along track to mixer
                Use headphone out of mixer to skull

Easy
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

me-25 USB + jackctl + ardour DAW

Comment

I like how people keep answering the original question after the OP has already clearly stated that he picked up a small practice amp that solved his problem.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                      They solved this in the 80's - it's called a Rockman.

Back in my formative years, I'd jack in a cassette deck to the Aux In on the Rockman and learn note-for-note while hearing everything on the headphones.
                      You can still do this with the Rockman Guitar Ace and Metal Ace. It's not nearly the quality of the original Rockman, or X100 though.

Comment

Originally posted by jimilee View Post
                        I use a Scarlett unit. I have the solo and the 2i2, both work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Same thing here. I run the output of my amp through a H&K Red Box to simulate a mic'ed cabinet, and into a dummy load. (My amp has no line out.) Then I run the Red Box into my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, and play along with songs played on my laptop. The Scarlett connects to the laptop via USB and drives either my headphones or my monitor speakers.

It's not the "easiest solution" you requested, but it sounds great and doubles as the main portion of my recording rig.
                        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                        Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Working...
                        X