YJM Fury Bridge vs. Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJM Fury Bridge vs. Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues

Both are good pickups. I was looking at the resistance of both. On Dimarzio's site they say the resistance of the Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues is about 8.00. Slightly more I think. According to Duncan the resistance of the YJM Fury Bridge model is about 25.0.

I have heard many times before that resistance cannot always be used to gauge a pickups thickness or growl.

But would anyone venture a guess as to which would give a thicker sound?

Re: YJM Fury Bridge vs. Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues

The YJM sounds like a really great Strat pickup. I wouldn't describe it as thick.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm gonna try it again. I may prefer it over the Heavy Blues 2. I do like Alnico 5 magnets too.

Comment

Could you please describe how the Heavy Blues 2 sounds and feels in your guitar? I was thinking of getting one but Might get the YJM pickup instead if it sounds the way Mincer described.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarmusic View Post
          Could you please describe how the Heavy Blues 2 sounds and feels in your guitar? I was thinking of getting one but Might get the YJM pickup instead if it sounds the way Mincer described.
          One thing I have always noticed about the Heavy Blues 2 is it tends to have an abrasive-like quality to it. I've nicknamed it the sandpaper pickup. I don't know why but it has a kind of rough texture to it. Overall it is a very good pickup though and it works for getting a Malmsteen tone if you are interested in that. It has an Alnico II magnet but this pickup doesn't sound as noticeably soft and spongy as say the Duncan APS-1 does.

Hope that helps you a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by 357mag View Post
            One thing I have always noticed about the Heavy Blues 2 is it tends to have an abrasive-like quality to it. I've nicknamed it the sandpaper pickup. I don't know why but it has a kind of rough texture to it. Overall it is a very good pickup though and it works for getting a Malmsteen tone if you are interested in that. It has an Alnico II magnet but this pickup doesn't sound as noticeably soft and spongy as say the Duncan APS-1 does.

Hope that helps you a bit.
            Yes! Thank you. I find that to be a great description!

Comment

Working...
            X