Bass strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bass strings

I just bought my first bass a couple of days ago for home recording. I'm replacing the strings that came on the guitar with a set of Thomastik-Infeld JF344's. These strings are highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer84 View Post
      I just bought my first bass a couple of days ago for home recording. I'm replacing the strings that came on the guitar with a set of Thomastik-Infeld JF344's. These strings are highly recommended.
      Did you sell a kidney to be able to afford those strings?

Comment

late to the party here but im a big fan of the dr fat beams for round wounds. i have roto flats on my current bass but its an odd ball anyway

Comment

I used D'Addario stainless for years. They did do a number on my frets. On my 5 string I think that I have EB Cobalts. Though after almost 4 years, they're getting a bit dull. I wish I knew what's on my Ibanez 4 string because they sound fantastic.
          I've recently tried Dunlop heavy cores in a few of my guitars and I really like them. So I'm considering trying some Dunlop's on the 5 string when I get around to changing them.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Thomastik strings are special. I used them on classical guitar since forever.

Comment

@Jolly > Haha!!! Yes, they do come with a price, don’t they? But, they sure are worth it! The ease of playability and that tone! I’m looking to get at least tens years out of them. I highly recommend them.
              Last edited by Explorer84; 05-09-2020, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X