NPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD

Finally decided on a reverb pedal today. Picked a TC Electronics Hall of Fame 2. Put it on the board and played with it a bit, really dig it so far. Had a lot of fun playing with the shimmer effect in it for some ambient playing.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Re: NPD

Would you happen to know how long of a reverb you can have on that pedal?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

What I can find on the TC Eelctronics website is very little. Only mention of decay time is when in use of the Mash option. Mash, if you are not familiar, is select the reverb wanted, turn the volume of the pedal down and step on the button. The harder you press, the louder the specific effect is. As for the 3 that mentions decay time in Mash, Shimmer will last up to 13.9 seconds max once you take your foot off the pedal and Church and Lo-fi is up to 20 seconds max in Mash mode.

I havent played with Toneprint yet, but yiu can kinda design your own reverb setting and prob set the decay time yourself.

I have glanced at the pre-designed Toneprints available and there is an extensive list available for download, either via computer of thru your phone onto the pedal.
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Wow, looks like a great pedal! Went to
        the TC Electronics homepage and they
        really give you a thorough low-down on
        it. I have a Boss RV6 right now and It’s
        a really good verb but the HOF2 (being the
        same price) looks like it may be a better pedal.
        Looking forward to some updates.

Comment

Spent a bit of time with the pedal this afternoon. Some really cool tones in the pedal. Then I delved into loading some of the predone Toneprints available. There are 3 empty slots for Toneprints. I added one from Steve Via, called Ocean Machine, big cavernous reverb, downloaded on from Satchel from Steel Panther, quintessential 80s big hair and leather spring reverb and finally a flang-o-verb, it has some deep verb with an underlying metallic tone of a flanger.

"Beaming" TonePrints from your phone to the pedal takes all of about 5 secs, guitar connected to cable, cable connected to pedal, select TP, turn volume of guitar and phone up, hold phone of your pickup and send the TP to the pedal, watch for flashing green light on pedal. Takes longer to disconnect the pedal from my board and directly to my guitar than it did to "Beam" the TP to the pedal.

Eventually Ill hook the pedal up to the computer and delve even deeper into TP.
          Jackson Soloist 7 string
          ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Forgot to add, at bedroom level I got a good 15 seconds out of some of the reverbs decay with the decay set all the way up. Also seemed like the Shimmer was touch sensitive, harser I pressed into the fretboard, the louder the shimmer effect sounded.
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
              Forgot to add, at bedroom level I got a good 15 seconds out of some of the reverbs decay with the decay set all the way up. Also seemed like the Shimmer was touch sensitive, harser I pressed into the fretboard, the louder the shimmer effect sounded.
              Love to hear this, thanks!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Welcome, I did it very scientifically, pulled the stopwatch up on phone, hit a chord or note, then hit the note or chord again to kill it, at the same time, pressed start on the stop watch until I could not longer hear the effect
                Jackson Soloist 7 string
                ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Working...
                X