Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8” speaker, 2,000 watts

In looking at new modelers I ran across this oddity at a hotone FB group:

Apparently it’s super loud, sounds great with a modeler, and as you can see is pretty cheap as far as most cabs go. I questioned the 8” speaker but several people chimed in that it’s not an issue and has a ton of bass. I’m kind of surprised I haven’t seen more hype about it here unless I missed it.

I do believe I’m going to take the Nestea plunge after the holidays.
    Last edited by DankStar; 12-23-2019, 09:17 PM.

Re: 8” speaker, 2,000 watts

I think they are the same as the Alto-branded speakers. I would be interested to try my Fractal through it, even if I think they are a little optimistic about the wattage rating.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah I saw this, I'm very curious to know how this performs especially paired with a modeler. If you do take that plunge Dankstar please post again and let us know what you think, I'd love to hear how it fares.

Comment

It DEFINITELY performs as advertised. Love mine! Very big sound in a very small package.

Still toying with the idea of getting a second one for running stereo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by The Commodores?
        "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
          It DEFINITELY performs as advertised. Love mine! Very big sound in a very small package.
          Very cool, thanks

Comment

Whatever you get, just make sure you keep it off the floor. If you don’t it will be WAY to bass-y. I found a cool little stand at Guitar Center for about 30 bucks that’s short enough where I feel like the sound is coming from an amp. I started with it on a regular speaker stand but it was too high in the room (closer to head level) and it just felt weird to me.

I also sold all my amps except one (as a backup)... that’s how good it sounds.

Comment

I can imagine what it would sound like in stereo. Especially with a ping pong delay, or cathedral reverb.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Dumb question - with these, do you keep the cab simulation on in the modeler or turn it off?

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                  Dumb question - with these, do you keep the cab simulation on in the modeler or turn it off?
                  I would keep it on.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                    Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                    I would keep it on.

They're voiced like a PA speaker, so you'd probably want to keep the speaker sim on.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Definitely “on”

Comment

I'd love 2 of them for stereo, just for practicing. Even as small and light as they are, I don't want to carry them to a gig.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          I think they are the same as the Alto-branded speakers. I would be interested to try my Fractal through it, even if I think they are a little optimistic about the wattage rating.
                          They are Alto TS308's minus the mic preamps (otherwise identical). And the 2000 Watt rating is for peak power..so continuous could be anything really (I did hear around the 800-1000W range). Still plenty loud

I got my modeler strictly for recording, so while I was tempted to pick up one of these I canned the idea 'cause there's no way I needed 2000 watts except for gigs. Neighbours called the cops on me (yet again) just a couple days ago thanks to my cranked 100W half-stack. I'm getting tired of that
                          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                            They are Alto TS308's minus the mic preamps (otherwise identical). And the 2000 Watt rating is for peak power..so continuous could be anything really (I did hear around the 800-1000W range). Still plenty loud

I got my modeler strictly for recording, so while I was tempted to pick up one of these I canned the idea 'cause there's no way I needed 2000 watts except for gigs. Neighbours called the cops on me (yet again) just a couple days ago thanks to my cranked 100W half-stack. I'm getting tired of that
                            Well, just think of the headroom. I'm lucky, I can crank my 100 watt half stack out in the garage and none of the neighbors seem to care. But I suppose that they can't really hear it over their pickup's stereo cranking Banda or something.

Comment

What is the weight of that Headrush monitor?

Comment

Working...
                              X