banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First complete mix with new Monitors (and new modeler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First complete mix with new Monitors (and new modeler)

I liked the third one best. It could be a little tighter, but I gotta say, this is a huge improvement in production from the last time I checked out your stuff! Good job.
    Schecter C-1 elite(alt-5, Fullshred)
    Fender Strat (Jb jr, ssl-2)
    Mesa Boogie Rectoverb
    Marshall 1960a
    Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
      Decided to give it one last go. This is the way I intended it to be as far as levels/balance goes..with the solo sort of weaving in & out of the guitar-synth melody (not really taking the lead) 'cause I did'nt really want to bury that sweet synth work .

So I raised the solo in the mix but also raised the g-synth part a bit....smoothed out a few other little things & I'm done now. I think it sounds pretty nice & I can't do any better.. so..

Good. Now just give the bass a bit more punch, and you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
        Yup ..that's how I like it

I'm not really into uber-polished productions. I mean everything I post on here is me *****ing about modern samey-sounding/clinical/plastic sounds that every crappy metalcore mix has these days. That's not really my thing & it's fine if this is'nt your's

But personally I think it's good enough of a sound & I can follow what's going on fine. Yeah it was a bit stuffy in the mids initially, (but as you said it sounds pretty balanced now..a couple of mixes later) & yeah there's a bit of delay on the solo (not excessive to me) but I like it that way and both Twilight & Bluesnmettle seemed to be ok with the lead tone too ..so different strokes man.
        I'm absolutely not expecting it to be that slick, I'm not a fan of that kind of thing either due to the lack of authenticity there is to heavy take comping/editing, then sample replacements, copy-pasted riffs, pitch correction, there was just something "weird" that was putting me off I couldn't quite put my finger on. It's definitely not bad, I'm just trying to bring out the best of it and I'm just trying to figure out what it is. I think Demanic is right, it probably needs more subs in the bass.
        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Yeah, bass tone is always a problem. I don't like playing bass & as a result don't have much interest or knowledge about dialing in a decent bass tone. I actually have no idea of how to go about it lol... I'd never even touched a bass in any of the 30 years or so that I've been playing guitar. Then I suddenly decided to get myself a bass a couple of years ago out of the blue (which I hardly ever touch) .As a result I just muck about with FX & stuff I don't know much about until I find something that sort of works. Guess I need to start trying to get into it a bit more...watch tutorials or something.
          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
          X