Fender Hotrods -- Gain channel leaking into clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Hotrods -- Gain channel leaking into clean

This is a common problem with Hotrods and mine is no exception. Because I really have no use for the gain channel (it sounds awful to me), is there a way to cut it out of the circuit and have nothing but clean?
    Generic signature line.

Re: Fender Hotrods -- Gain channel leaking into clean

So even if you zero all controls on the gain
    side, you still have leaking?

Comment

Actually, I've never heard this happening, so it is news to me, but I can understand how frustrating that would be! If it is really common, then I bet someone has made some mods and made them available online.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Actually, I've never heard this happening, so it is news to me, but I can understand how frustrating that would be! If it is really common, then I bet someone has made some mods and made them available online.
        I know a lot about its little brother, the Blues Deluxe. But on the HRD is the second stage of the V2 which creates the Drive Channel and mixed to the signal path. To get rid of the distortion you could disconnect the input to the tube or cut off the mixing point. Just sayin'.
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Could I just yank that tube?
          Generic signature line.

Comment

As far as i see its the recovery stage on the first half of the v2. So, i think no.
            I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Working...
            X