Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Headphones recommendations?

  1. #1
    OH THE GLAZE! Clint 55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Mex
    Posts
    7,606

    Default Headphones recommendations?

    What over ear headphones do you recommend in the 50-$100 range that come with a 1/4" plug or that come with an 1/8" plug and a solid 1/4" adapter? Ear buds are my favorite but I have to constantly fiddle with the connection in the adapter to use them with my interface, guitar amp, or drum module. Thx
    Trudging slowly over wet sand
    Back to the bench
    Where your clothes were stolen

  2. #2
    tonewood instigator
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    6,134

    Default Re: Headphones recommendations?

    Why not just buy an adapter?
    whisper words of wisdom,
    let it be

  3. #3
    Sock Market Trader GuitarStv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    15,225

    Default Re: Headphones recommendations?

    I like Sony MDR-7506s. They're very tough, it's easy to get replacement parts for 'em, and they sound good. I've been using my pair for about 20 years now. They come with a 1/8th to 1/4 inch adapter . . . but I wouldn't buy 'em just for that adapter. :P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

  4. #4
    OH THE GLAZE! Clint 55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Mex
    Posts
    7,606

    Default Re: Headphones recommendations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chistopher View Post
    Why not just buy an adapter?
    I've bought 3 of them and I have to fiddle with the connection to get it to work properly. A pain when I'm trying to play and record and stuff.
    Trudging slowly over wet sand
    Back to the bench
    Where your clothes were stolen

  5. #5
    OH THE GLAZE! Clint 55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Mex
    Posts
    7,606

    Default Re: Headphones recommendations?

    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarStv View Post
    I like Sony MDR-7506s. They're very tough, it's easy to get replacement parts for 'em, and they sound good. I've been using my pair for about 20 years now. They come with a 1/8th to 1/4 inch adapter . . . but I wouldn't buy 'em just for that adapter. :P
    Looks like what I need. Good sound, over ear, 10ft cable, adapter.

    I got em! I'm on a buying spree today! It's gonna be fun playing my instruments when my HEADPHONES WORK RIGHT!!!
    Last edited by Clint 55; 12-27-2019 at 09:10 PM.
    Trudging slowly over wet sand
    Back to the bench
    Where your clothes were stolen

  6. #6
    OH THE GLAZE! Clint 55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Mex
    Posts
    7,606

    Default Re: Headphones recommendations?

    Headphones sound terrif, thx.

    Trudging slowly over wet sand
    Back to the bench
    Where your clothes were stolen

  7. #7
    Sock Market Trader GuitarStv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    15,225

    Default Re: Headphones recommendations?

    Not sure if they're an industry standard, but a lotta folks like Sony's MDR-7506s. :P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

  8. #8
    OH THE GLAZE! Clint 55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Mex
    Posts
    7,606

    Default Re: Headphones recommendations?

    Studio monitors!
    Trudging slowly over wet sand
    Back to the bench
    Where your clothes were stolen

  9. #9
    Mojo's Minions dystrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West St. Paul, MN
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,711

    Default Re: Headphones recommendations?

    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Not sure if they're an industry standard, but a lotta folks like Sony's MDR-7506s. :P
    They are a standard, and they're quite good for the price. In fact my only complaint is that they don't have a detachable cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •