Who Still Uses A 100W Amplifer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Still Uses A 100W Amplifer?

If you do not, and you owned one in the past, where do they go to die?
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Re: Who Still Uses A 100W Amplifer?

I use them exclusively even at low practice volumes. They go to die to people like me.

Comment

My bass player uses an SVT I have no choice.

Comment

I use a 200w solidstate bass amp with an 8x10, a 150w tube amp into a 2x15 and three 120w tube amps plugged into a 4x12 and a 6x12. I want more cabs.
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

ME! I prefer mine with the volume barely cracked over most low watters I have tried. Tight as a drum and headroom for days.

Comment

I need to find context to crank my 85 watt Twin Reveb.
            The things that you wanted
            I bought them for you

Comment

Not anymore. While I appreciate the sound, my back hates getting them in the car, and my ears don't prefer ringing. But I celebrate those who still use them! (just don't be in a band with me)
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Maybe I just have too many. I'm good with the home tones and we don't play the pink gig in October anymore. Just struggling with what else to try (chosen as I've been trying to sell my Triple XXX for over a year) and get back to only what I need.

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Not anymore. While I appreciate the sound, my back hates getting them in the car, and my ears don't prefer ringing. But I celebrate those who still use them! (just don't be in a band with me)
                  Definitely feel that!

Comment

I had a 120 watt. Gave it to my son as i never turned it up past 3 anyways.
                    Now I'm a 40 watt solid state or 5 watt tube type of guy. Lol

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 120W, 100W & a couple 50W ...plus a few 40/30/15W heads. I mostly use the smaller one's for gigging these days, they get the job done fine.

The 100 watters are just for annoying the neighbours
                      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I still haul my Mesa Road King head around, all 90 pounds of it. I usually only run pairs of power tubes and run the spongy setting for even lower wattage

Comment

'75 Ampeg V-4 plus matching 4x12. I will never give it up. My dad bought it new, and I inherited it when he died. Best sounding amp of all time...just LOUD AS ****.

Ampeg Diamond Blue Super Rocket (SR-212RT). I would sell it, but would take a lot of money to get me to give it up. They aren't worth a lot, so it's pretty much a lifer. One of only about 300 made over a period of about 15 years. It's the holy grail of the Diamond Blue line. 100W, 2x12, channel switching, with reverb and tremolo. It's a Twin Reverb killer, and I've kept it near mint. This thing is also LOUD AS ****, but it does have the dirt channel for when you need to play it more quietly.

Both of these feel like they have way more wallop than a Marshall half stack, because of a fundamentally different e.q. They have way more low end and low midrange. Where a Marshall sounds like a chainsaw, these sound like a thunder clap.
                          Last edited by ItsaBass; 12-28-2019, 01:14 AM.
                          Originally posted by LesStrat
                          Yogi Berra was correct.
                          Originally posted by JOLLY
                          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I upgraded to multichannel MIDI controlled 40 watt lunchbox. No regrets so far.

When my band gets roadies, I'll go back.
                            Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I use 2, a 120 watt and a 15 watt as far as tube amps go. My Randall and bass amps are very high wattage but that's entirely necessary for solid state power amps.
                              The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X