• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA - ugritone VST drums sale

40% off thru Jan 5

$5 riot drums for newsletter subscribers

Ordered me the kvlt samples but won’t be able to test for a few days

Metal/Hardcore/Punk VST Plugins, Drum Samples, MIDI Packs and Virtual Instruments for Home-Studio producers. Audio software, Affordable Audio solutions, Music production tools, Creative music solutions

Re: PSA - ugritone VST drums sale

Some great drum sounds man. The kvult pack(s) sounds sweet.. I like the Assault Drums & Northern Artillery packs too! I might pick up a couple of them...

Is this like the MT Drummer II software to use (linking samples together with fills and stuff & then pasting it as a drum track into Reaper?) 'cause they have seperate "midi' packs too & frankly I have no idea what the difference is. I'd rather get something I'm used to (like MT Drummer II)
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I think it’s like that one but I need to goof with it. Probably best to use a combo of loops (like their midi packs) and midi pads (will need to assign pads to their scheme) to pound out beats. Then edit/tweak stuff in midi editor. The assault is looking up my alley cause I’ve been wanting roto toms.
      Last edited by DankStar; 12-29-2019, 01:08 AM.

Comment

I just got the Assault 'cause NWOBHM, 80's metal, Doom, Thrash ..the works

& I got the $5.00 one too heheh!

But I think I might have done something wrong installing it. with the Assault...I got it into my VST folder in Reaper. I click on it & the drum kit opens..but when I bang on the kit ..no sound?? Nothing. Also I did'nt see any preset 'beat/fill libraries' like MT drmmer II has? It was just the kit...

With the $5.00 Riot thing..it opens in Reaper & I see the kit (which works..ie ..I bang on stuff & I can hear it) but no sign of any preset beats/fills again..just the kit. Maybe you need to buy the midi packs for the beats or something? ..I'm kind of at sea at the moment. I can see a bunch of 'midi' packs that I'd like to try so I don't mind picking a couple of those up if needed. I just don't know how anything works. I need beats & fills that I can string together lol

I've Never used loops/midi **** before you pointed me to MT drummer II a couple years ago (not even sure if that's loops or midi or w/e..I just know how to get it to work ) ..before that it was always physical drum machines ....if you happen have better luck with yours I'd really appreciate if you could let me know what the **** needs to be done to lay down a drum track
        Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 12-29-2019, 07:34 AM.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

If you like to use pre-made fills/loops you’ll probably need the packs. I’m surprised you can’t hear the assault kit, that I’m not sure about. Here’s a couple of links that might help but I’ll know more when I can get back home today and mess with it.

This page descrines how to install our products to your system...

Prob the best for routing, blending, presets, etc:
          Last edited by DankStar; 12-30-2019, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks Dank ..Yeah..pretty sure I'm not going to want to mess around making a bunch of beats with a kit myself..

So if I get the midi loop packs then I guess loops from the midi packs get played back with the Assault & Riot pack drum kits or something like that?

Regarding no sound from the Assault kit. I was watching the video on that page and apparently it's normal I have to do something to activate/switch it on..I'll have a closer look at that video later and see what that's about..

Youtube

Comment

OK, I goofed around with them for a bit. I can get KVULT drums to work but the "newsletter" version I got is very limited (it would work for a bare bones black metal tune though).

Assault drums look cool, and I could tell there's potential (the kick sounded great), but I was running into problems too. I could test the various drums and cymbals (press test and solo the piece in the mix window), but I could only trigger some of them with the keyboard inside reaper. I could not get it so any of the kit triggered when I clicked on the pieces in the picture of the set. In general, to hear anything, I had to route the ones I was testing to channel 1 because the default routing is all over the place. Overall it was becoming more of a pain than it was worth so I requested a refund for Assault. Shame, cause I wanted them rototoms. Live and learn I guess.
              Last edited by DankStar; 12-30-2019, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Man..that's too bad. I've got Assault but it's just sitting there & I have no idea if I can even play loops with it at all. Meanwhile I bought a bunch of the loop packs.. (Doom, Thrash, Death, Progressive Death & Grindcore..yeah, I went nut's ..but it's a one-time investment which if it works should take care of all my needs lol). Have to say these sound like real drums more than anything else I've come across & I know they're going to sound sweet as **** with my 2 man Goregrind band/project's stuff.

Thinking of asking our sound guy if he can help me out with this. Dude's a wiz with all this ****. Personally, I've hit a dead end even with the loops lol. I got a couple of the 'progressive death metal' loops to work in a Reaper track ..sounded super awesome (Death Individual Thought Patterns/Symbolic type stuff) But that was by sheer luck after I messed around a whole lot not knowing what the hell I was doing

Youtube

Comment

hopefully that dude can get it going. typically you can just drag the midi loops into the drum track and build the song loop by loop. this program just has some funky routing.

the midi loops should work in any virtual drum program, as long as the midi notes are assigned to match whatever kit/program you are using.

Comment

Working...
                  X