banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wat clean breakup mini tube combo should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wat clean breakup mini tube combo should I get?

Looking at the Vox AC4. Looking around, the current model doesn't have options to choose between wattage. I would be looking for classic rock or bluez toanz. If you have any metal recommendations, that would be cool too.
    Last edited by Clint 55; 12-28-2019, 09:58 PM.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Re: Wat clean breakup mini tube combo should I get?

Clint I love the Peavey Classic 20h. The amp goes from Jazz cleans to Metal. The back is very feature full, you can do anything with it. I have the head going through a 1x15 Celestion cab. I haven't played the combo but the head is amazing. The Peavey Classic 20h with a cab is one option. If you want something with cool breakup. Look around for a used Fender Excelsior.
    Last edited by Securb; 12-28-2019, 10:35 PM.

Comment

My Bugera G5 sounds great to me

EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

That Peavey sounds insane. It has the amount of power and range of tones that I'm looking for. I might have to get it. I would be able to plug it into my 1x8 or my 2x12. It even has the extra recording features. Great!

I got it. I wasn't expecting a recommendation to be that good. Thx so much.
        Last edited by Clint 55; 12-29-2019, 12:00 AM.
        I bought them for you

Comment

Jet City Picovalve.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
            It even has the extra recording features. Great!

I got it. I wasn't expecting a recommendation to be that good. Thx so much.
            Yeah, they are cool little beasts. I got mine believe it or not on Walmart.com for $100 less than MF, GC or Sweetwater were selling them.

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
              My Bugera G5 sounds great to me

Isn't that just cheap clone of Blackstar HT-5?

My friend has one and I really haven't find lot of "clean breakup" in it. It's good amp for loud rock/metal tones or really clean though.
              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                Isn't that just cheap clone of Blackstar HT-5?

My friend has one and I really haven't find lot of "clean breakup" in it. It's good amp for loud rock/metal tones or really clean though.
                Did you watch the video?

I started to post the Guitar Max video, but he doesn't do a lot of clean breakup

That guy from Sweetwater went thru the range of the amp with just a guitar into the amp
                EHD

Comment

^ I thought it sounded real good. I'm just more of a bluezman at heart so I went with the Peavey. I couldn't find any demos of them pushing the clean channel, but I'm real optimistic it.

I bought them for you

Comment

I bought them for you

Comment

I love the little Peavey Classics
                      My buddy as a Classic 30 and there just ain't a bad tone in it

The Bugera is a copy of the Blackstar HT5
                      There is a 20 watt version as well but it doesn't have the same features as the smaller one does
                      EHD

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                        Did you watch the video?

I started to post the Guitar Max video, but he doesn't do a lot of clean breakup

That guy from Sweetwater went thru the range of the amp with just a guitar into the amp
                        No. I have played HT-5. Wasn't really my thing, but my friend who's more into 80's style tones really likes it.
                        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
                          No. I have played HT-5. Wasn't really my thing, but my friend who's more into 80's style tones really likes it.
                          Yeah it's a point for point copy of the Blackstar
                          I like mine

Take a minute
                          Watch the video

Like I said he gets a nice range of tones from this amp

Clean breakup is among them

I like mine

The speaker emulated headphone/line out is awesome if you need lower stage volume but want more actual volume thru a PA
                          EHD

Comment

Not a combo but none of them will touch the PRS MT 15 for cleans. Pristine with the boost off killer slight breakup tones with the boost pulled. Some country tinged stuff from last Sunday at Church with mine running a Keeler Push OD at very low gain here for just a tounch of extra compression and hair.
                            Then there is the facemelting metal monster on the other side! Just don't try to use these amps as low volume bedroom amp while they are small and compact these are stage killers not bedroom amps!! My 50 watt full size heads are easier to control at low volumes than this thing is but tone and volume wise it will hang with bout anything!!
                            Guitars
                            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

PRS MT 15 cleans no effects. No other lunchbox head cleans I have played are on the same planet.
                              Guitars
                              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
                              X