Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flanger blend control

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    because given the option of blend, everyone would turn blend all the way to dry..

Flanger Jokes...
    "this is a really great pedal, it's so transparent"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    1973 Aria 551
    1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
    1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
    1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
    1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
    2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      Yes but different parameters of the sweep. RATE will control the speed of the sweep while the LFO AMOUNT will allow you to control how pronounced the sweep is with the EXP pedal. Feedback will control the sweep's regeneration. You can control the most common controls on a 4 knob flanger with an EXP pedal which makes it way more live friendly. Hell, if you wanted to you could plug 4 EXP pedals into it.
      No that's not what I meant. I'd love to be able to manually sweep the flanger. Like Electric Mistress does with Rate knob in filter matrix mode.
      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
        No that's not what I meant. I'd love to be able to manually sweep the flanger. Like Electric Mistress does with Rate knob in filter matrix mode.
        Yes, the RATE knob on the Electric Mistress and the Moogerfooger have the same function, they control the speed or rate of the LFO signal. This can be controlled with an EXP pedal on the MOOG.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          Yes, the RATE knob on the Electric Mistress and the Moogerfooger have the same function, they control the speed or rate of the LFO signal. This can be controlled with an EXP pedal on the MOOG.
          On the EHX when you put it in “Filter Matrix”’mode, the LFO completely stops, giving a comb filter effect. You can then move the delay time manually with a knob, allowing you to “flange” the sound yourself. On the Moog, can you set the rate to 0, then use the delay time knob to do something similar?
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            On the EHX when you put it in “Filter Matrix”’mode, the LFO completely stops, giving a comb filter effect. You can then move the delay time manually with a knob, allowing you to “flange” the sound yourself. On the Moog, can you set the rate to 0, then use the delay time knob to do something similar?
            Not sure but I will play with that setting when I get to practice tonight. That is if the ice storms let up.

Comment

Or you could just buy an M9 and program it for about 5 minutes and call it a day.

But yeah - you could make that supremely usable live, short of "bend over and hit the bright RED Chorus/Flange button."
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I got bit of inspiration for that manual sweep, and since it's that rare got me looking at possibility to modify DEM for expression pedal use in filter matrix mode.

I found out that my HF-2 actually has the same feature: Dialing "depht" to 0 removes the oscillation, and you can manually sweep the flanger with "manual" knob!

I tested it and it works so now I'm fighting with myself should I mod the HF-2 with the exp. jack for that...
                "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"

Comment

Heeeh, so after owning it for two years or so I just moved my modded BF2 from front-of-amp to FX loop. Holy **** it sounds ten times better, but I now understand what people mean when they say it takes up too much sonic space there. Wonder if I can add a blend control to it?
                  --------------------------------------------------------
                  1973 Aria 551
                  1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                  1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                  1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                  1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                  1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                  2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Originally posted by Coma View Post
                    Heeeh, so after owning it for two years or so I just moved my modded BF2 from front-of-amp to FX loop. Holy **** it sounds ten times better, but I now understand what people mean when they say it takes up too much sonic space there. Wonder if I can add a blend control to it?
                    Yep. I keep HF-2 in loop specifically because in front it sounds like very thin chorus.

It's just on the edge of too much, so I'm interested too about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X