X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall Cab

What-choo'all know 'bout dis?

Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Randall Cab

Seems like a fair price for a decent cab. I'm assuming that they're 12k-100's, which is probably my favorite Celestion.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks badass
      Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
        Looks badass
        There you have it.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
          Looks badass
          Originally posted by Demanic View Post
          There you have it.
          OK - so +1 for aesthetics...how down it sound, compared to my Marshall MX212
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            OK - so +1 for aesthetics...how down it sound, compared to my Marshall MX212
            For that kind of money, I would just put killer speakers in the MX212. That is what I did. I put in Eminence Wheelhouse 150's, changed the jack in the back to a OEM Marshall stereo/mono jack and added Ernie Ball coasters when I got the JC120H. The JC120H is 60 watts per side I knew I was bound to blow the stock speakers in the MX212 if I didn't change them and wired the cab for stereo. It is now the best cab I have ever owned or played. That being said the MX212 sounded great stock.

The warmth of hemp meets the power and responsiveness of neo in this versatile 12 inch speaker. Touch-sensitive and balanced, the Wheelhouse delivers warm, smooth tone throughout the entire spectrum, allowing you to utilize your amp controls to shape your sound. It handles pedals and amp EQ with ease. Go from country to fusion to blues and make it sound like it?s right in your wheelhouse.

Comment

I've never used those speakers in anything.
              Sorry I can't help out there.
              Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Steve Dallas signature model

Comment

K100s are supposed to be similar to Hot 100s. I have Hot 100s in my 90s Green Matamp cab and it's my favorite cab for guitar. I also love Guinness and cats.
                  green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

It's made of mdf like the MX. If you want a better sounding cab you'd be better off looking for a cab made of real wood, should be able to find an Avatar or something for around the same $ if you are patient.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                      If you want a better sounding cab you'd be better off looking for a cab made of real wood
                      That is a myth. The differences in wood species and cab sound are minimal. There is nothing offending about the sound of a MDF cab. No ever walked out of a show or turned off a recording because of the poor quality in a MDF cab's sound. Some people might even prefer the sound over real wood, if they can even hear a difference.

Comment

I apologize, you are correct, there are some good sounding cabs made of mdf. It is different from "wood" cabinets in that it is a heavy material and doesn't have much resonance so what you hear is pretty much the straight speaker sound, which can be a good thing. There have been some companies that have made very high end cabs from mdf and they were insanely heavy.

As this line is the low end of the Randall line, I wouldn't invest that much in it, I would prefer to get a birch ply cab, but since that is my opinion take it for what it is worth.

Comment

My issue with MDF cabs is transport and durability. As devastone said they're heavier than a comparable plywood cab, and they tend to fall apart if you knock them around.
                          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

What a deal! Grab it.
                            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

I have a really similar cab with Greenbacks. Good cab, small and light, casters suck, the smaller dimensions won't give you too much low end.

Comment

Working...
                              X