banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I clipped the C6 in the Waza sd1 today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I clipped the C6 in the Waza sd1 today.

I think I'm probably the only one who has clipped their c6 in a Waza so far lol. So here's the result I got. I own a MIT SD1 and have that clipped as well. The Waza sounds more compressed opposed to the standard c6. The gear I used was a Marshall DSL40C(not the CR) and a 2019 epiphone g400 pro (stock).

Green channel/crunch gain on amp was just above 3 o clock. Mids, bass, treble, prescence, resonance all set at noon.

Pedal settings was level cranked all the way up, tone at noon and gain set at 9 o clock.

After playing for about 10min. And adjusting the tone from 10 o clock to 2 o clock. As I said it sounds a bit compressed, similar to the MIT sd1. You still get that blanket lifted off but it sounds somewhat of a loss of as the tone gets turned up.

Anyway, it's safe to be clipped if anyone wants to try. Similar effect to the older sd1s, but sounds compressed. Period. Happy New year
    Last edited by Skater; 01-01-2020, 12:37 PM.
    Jackson Custom Tele
    Epiphone G400 PRO
    Marshall DSL40C w/V30
    GLS Audio
    Ernie Ball
    Dunlop
    SD-1

Play music to skate too 🤙

Re: So I clipped the C6 in the Waza sd1 today.

Hmm, it’s never really occurred to mod the Waza stuff just because I feel like I’ve spent so much more on this pedal because it sounds exactly how BOSS intended. Like somehow it’s already the best version of itself, but like anything else with effects that’s a subjective statement...

Also I’m not sure that I’d go too far beyond the C9 mod with a SD-1W since it’s easily reversed? Personally I think my Fromel modded MIT SD-1 absolutely kills the Waza SD-1W & it’s just a $25 used pedal I scored on Reverb with a $20 kit in it so it’s a hell of a lot cheaper!!!

Now if we’re talking about an effect that they no longer make like the DM-2 or DM-2W in this case that might be a different story? I’ve kinda always wished that the expression function was attached to the repeats knob instead of the time. It seems to me that this would be a much more useful feature & might even let me justify buying a expression pedal!

So if anyone knows a mod that’d let me do that I’d be down to give it a try...
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Working...
    X