Gibson SG Standard Trans Ebony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gibson SG Standard Trans Ebony

I am looking into those tuners for my Eastman today.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Woooo! that's hot!

Comment

Gibson SG Standard Trans Ebony

Really nice. Perfect mods.

I thought the Kluson Revolutions were discontinued? Still can haz?

What is on the headstock? Is that that “modern” Les Paul sig or some other emblem?

Comment

If that guitar sounds half as good as it looks, you hit the jackpot. It looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            Really nice. Perfect mods.

I thought the Kluson Revolutions were discontinued? Still can haz?

What is on the headstock? Is that that “modern” Les Paul sig or some other emblem?
            Yes, it' s Les Paul signature on the headstock, that' s why nobody wanted to buy one and that' s why the price was very cool.

The 2015 SG Std is made like a '61 RI, same body design and same body/neck joint. Inlays are real MOP, not plastic.

Comment

NOICE!!!!

God I hade Klusons - but I have heard nothing but goodness about all the recent upgrade versions. Totally classy axe!

Rock it hard in good health!!!
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                NOICE!!!!

God I hade Klusons - but I have heard nothing but goodness about all the recent upgrade versions. Totally classy axe!

Rock it hard in good health!!!
                Not all Klusons are created equal. The original ones are mostly junk, while the current Kluson-styled Gibson Deluxe tuners are actually two different tuners. The 10mm screw-in version that Gibson uses on a lot of the USA line varies from mediocre to awful. The stock tuners on my 2007 SG Standard were awful; the posts wobbled and it just would not stay in tune. OTOH the tuners on my 2007 ES-335 Fatneck have 11/32" push-in bushings and they've been nothing short of amazing. The Bigsby on that guitar holds tune without a roller bridge. I'm not sure who owns the trademark for the new Kluson-branded tuners, and I've yet to try those.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                  The Bigsby on that guitar holds tune without a roller bridge.
                  The tuners are a small part of that reason. The bridge string slots and nut slots being cut correctly are a much bigger factor. Good tuners help in stability, but without the nut and saddles being cut right, nothing will stay in tune with the best tuners.

Comment

Working...
                  X