banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

idiot proof highly intuitive multi pedal that works with bass and guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idiot proof highly intuitive multi pedal that works with bass and guitar?

how idiot proof is a digitech element xp and would it also work decent enough with bass?

My moms has been trying to learn guitar for the past year or so. She recently had to have surgery for carpal tunnel and to remove the plate in her wrist where my horse trampled her a few years ago.

She decided to give bass a try til she recovers from it and or end up switching.

helped her score a Peavey Milestone and a Fender Rumble 60 amp for 110 at the pawn shop after christmas. I set it up decent and it's a pretty killer setup. Amp sounds good with my guitars so it's a decent all arounder for both guitar and bass for solid state.

I was going to just get her a micro head like an orange micro terror and cannibalize my old marshall ss amp for a cabinet but with the bass thing now, I don't think it would get much use.

She thinks modeling software is the anti-christ for someone who can't play 12 bar very well and thinks only a tube amp will make her better. however when I've shown her guitar rig, I can tell she thinks it's cool. If she got a hold of something that has modeling in it that is ultra easy to use, she'd dig it.

A super crazy easy to use pedal that would work with bass also and the ipad or her iphone would be ideal. Her laptop sort of sucks and she struggles with a mouse no kidding. Otherwise I would just get a audio interface and guitar rig and be done with it.

My budget is 150 bucks. She mentioned that the vids she's been watching say get a squire short scaled bass which is my default at this point. I think a pedal she could use for both bass and guitar would be far more value than another guitar.

Re: idiot proof highly intuitive multi pedal that works with bass and guitar?

While it isn't a high end pedal (there might be a newer one in your budget, though), I bet it would sound just fine for both guitar and bass.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

idiots and innate intuitiveness are inversely related in most cases.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I'm not entirely sold on the concept of most pedals being exclusively for bass or guitar. It depends on what you're after with said pedal. "Bass chorus" vs "Chorus"? I can't see the difference, or why there would be one. It's not an EQ pedal, where the operating frequencies are set. Signal goes in, gets effected, then comes out. Simple.

Bass wah I can kinda see, for the operating frequency, and bass distortion that doesn't add low-end like a guitar-oriented pedal does.

That said, you might look at a Line6 M5 or M3.

Comment

I just got a Zoom G1 Four, it's pretty idiot proof IMHO and cheap at $80. This is for guitar, but you can swap guitar/bass amp/cab/effects using a computer. Very intuitive to use. Sound is decent for the price.

Comment

Get her a POD and explain that even Led Zepplin uses these when they go on tour. They just sit it behind the Marshall stack.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Get her a Line6 M13. She'll spend so much time going through the models and tweaking them that she won't even worry about playing.

Comment

For guitar is would be a Vox tonelab.

It is unusable for bass, though. There seems to be a high-pass filter that is on with all the modeling (not on when running plain such as through the tuner).

Comment

Originally posted by Newcenstein View Post
                    Get her a Line6 M13. She'll spend so much time going through the models and tweaking them that she won't even worry about playing.
                    Actually, go cheaper. An M9 can is wonderful for guitar and bass, and as easy to understand as a 3 knob pedal.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

thanks for the input but i got it handled with a bass instead of a pedal. i have actually been on the lookout for a new axe for myself which i got (peavey tracer) in a pawn shop. there was a squier bronco bass in almost unplayed condition that i practically stole for the price i got it down to.

Comment

Having a mom that wants to play bass is cool.

Comment

Working...
                        X