Epiphone Sheraton II Pro WR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphone Sheraton II Pro WR

Hey guys and a Happy New Year to everyone out there!

Just found a topic asking about the quality of the Epiphone's these days and decided to create a new thread.

Yesterday I posted the very first episode of my new series "Red Robe Sessions" playing a Sheraton II Pro so you can see the guitar is incredible for it's price! The pickups and everything are the default ones, so I believe there's room for some experience with the hardware. But I like it the way it is!

It would be nice to hear from you about the tone, the guitar and the robe

Cheers!

Re: Epiphone Sheraton II Pro WR

I LOVE Sheratons. I have one from '66-'68 (not entirely sure, Epi didn't keep accurate records of serial numbers then), but it was USA made in Kalamazoo before they were sourced out to Asia. Totally stock (Gibson pups, probably Burstbuckers 2 &3?) and it looks, plays, and sounds amazing.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Awesome playing!

Don't know if it comes to the stock pickups or the gear you're using, but it sounds a bit thin to my ears.

To me a slightly fatter, fuller tone would compliment your playing skills very well.

Keep up the good work, and a Happy New Year to you!
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
        Awesome playing!

Don't know if it comes to the stock pickups or the gear you're using, but it sounds a bit thin to my ears.

To me a slightly fatter, fuller tone would compliment your playing skills very well.

Keep up the good work, and a Happy New Year to you!
        Could be your computer speakers. Any "fatter, fuller tone" would begin to sound muddy.

Comment

Yes, I agree...awesome playing. Awesome guitar. Keep posting here, it's so refreshing to hear the playing of someone who knows what he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
            Could be your computer speakers. Any "fatter, fuller tone" would begin to sound muddy.
            Turns out hearing the video again on headphones did improve the perceived tone. Not perfect to my ears, still. But the wonderful thing about tone is indeed how subjective it is, and as long as the OP feels fine about it, that's really what matters.

On a second listen the playing is even more tasteful. Keep it up!

Small side note to the OP: Are you based in Lisbon, Portugal?
            Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I LOVE Sheratons. I have one from '66-'68 (not entirely sure, Epi didn't keep accurate records of serial numbers then), but it was USA made in Kalamazoo before they were sourced out to Asia. Totally stock (Gibson pups, probably Burstbuckers 2 &3?) and it looks, plays, and sounds amazing.
              if youre talking about your late 60's epiphone, the pups sure as hell aint burstbuckers if they are stock

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                if youre talking about your late 60's epiphone, the pups sure as hell aint burstbuckers if they are stock
                Any idea what they might be? I've never taken them out to check.

Comment

Thanks a lot for commenting guys! I'll be making more videos for sure.
                  Yes, I agree...awesome playing. Awesome guitar. Keep posting here, it's so refreshing to hear the playing of someone who knows what he's doing.
                  Thank you! I had an awesome opportunity to record a Taylor 814ce, gonna post it to a different thread now.

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
                  Turns out hearing the video again on headphones did improve the perceived tone. Not perfect to my ears, still. But the wonderful thing about tone is indeed how subjective it is, and as long as the OP feels fine about it, that's really what matters.

On a second listen the playing is even more tasteful. Keep it up!

Small side note to the OP: Are you based in Lisbon, Portugal?
                  Thanks a lot! Yes I am

Comment

Se fores português, acusa-te! Sempre achei que era o único por aqui!

Parabéns pelo estilo, esses dedos estão muito lá!

Comment

Any idea what they might be? I've never taken them out to check.
                      Epiwiki says that from '58 to '70 they were New York pickups or mini humbuckers. https://web.archive.org/web/20160408...x.php/Sheraton

Nice guitar. I've thought about getting some Epiphone semi hollow.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovegun View Post
                        Epiwiki says that from '58 to '70 they were New York pickups or mini humbuckers. https://web.archive.org/web/20160408...x.php/Sheraton

Nice guitar. I've thought about getting some Epiphone semi hollow.
                        Mine has full sized buckers. But they could have been replaced at some point in time.

Comment

Even the current production Sheratons are really great guitars.

Comment

not sure if they made em with buckers back then, if they did theyd probably be pat # pups maybe t tops

Comment

Nice playing, and I think the guitar sounds great. Did you have the amp volume up much? I've got an Epi Dot which isn't fully hollow like a Sheraton, but find that with the volume up it gets a kinda infinite sustain thing with held notes feeding back slightly, and I wasn't hearing that in the clip.
                              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                              X