Best Earbuds for playing guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Earbuds for playing guitar

We just moved into a really small apartment , we will be here for another 2 years almost, and my wife likes watching TV a lot but I'm usually always practicing when I get off work. Problem is my huge over-ear Sony headphones bleed out too much sound and she can't hear the TV when I'm playing. My practice desk is about 5 feet from where she's watching TV unfortunately.

I need a lot of volume saturation to play tho. I need the guitar AND the metronome to be really loud. So I have to switch to earbuds. The ones I have now are AKG Samsung ones and my complaint with those is the cord is too short and they sound too "fizzy" for guitar . As in, it makes a humbucker sound like it has single coil characteristics. Anyone use earbuds to rock out? Long cord is a bonus.. (I practice standing up, when I can)

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Re: Best Earbuds for playing guitar

Check out the YouTube videos for budget iems, there are some good options out there. Using foam inserts, instead of the stock rubber or silicone, should help seal better too.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
      One thing I’ve found with playing guitar through headphones and earbuds is that price and traditional music reproduction aren’t good indicators of how they’ll do. Some cheap options have big frequency imbalances that make them pleasing for use with guitar.
      Your absolutely right.

These sound great with guitar, wouldn't call them hi-fi except in broadest sense...

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_86.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	5817942
      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I wouldn't use Earbuds for this personally, the drivers are too small to replicate audio the way an over ear set can, and Earbud performance below 400hz is largely based on the seal and shape of your ear canal.

But Earbuds will work of course just fine, so if you are dead set on wired earbuds (do not get Bluetooths you savage!) , for performance versus cost (Value) I like the Klipsch mid range ones (S4s, R6s etc) -pretty damn accurate for the cost and sound.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

studio monitor headphone, but even they can't handle it

doesn't work
          Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
          http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

KZ AS10. Cheap, sound good for monitoring. Try them before buying expensive cans.

Comment

Thanks for the tips !

I spent an hour or two messing with the 10 band EQ on all my patches and got the AKG buds sounding decent enough for now. Definitely not perfect but not the harsh mess I heard the other night. But still, I'm definitely going to upgrade in the next few months. I'll keep all these option in mind when I go shopping

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

I have Sony MDR-7506, Sennheiser HD2311, Shure E2, tried Shure SE215, tried Beats and all kind of other popular headphones, and the best ones by far are my KZ ZX6 IEM for guitar. And the cheapest at $50.

Comment

Our entire band uses in-ear monitors. The KZ buds are by far the best for the price, and I always have a few pair of those to use during the day, or to loan out to bandmates. Personally, I have a set of custom molded Alien Ears 5 driver monitors for stage use and a backup pair of Westones 2 driver if those go bad. You can sink a lot of money into those little gems.
                  "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

My vote is for the Jabra Elite 65T here, great sound, battery life and comfort. Passive noise through works well too. That being said I have just bought my wife a set of Band & Olufsen E8’s and they really are very good, the sound is exceptional as you would expect from B&O. Though i would also recommned to see a few more such qualityearbuds https://www.reviewsed.com/best-gaming-earbuds/ Though apart of all these options and our own liking, the most important is your requirements and how would like to listen to the sound.
                    Last edited by StevenBrownz; 03-26-2021, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Get your wife some headphones she is happy with so she can watch TV.
                      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                        Get your wife some headphones she is happy with so she can watch TV.
                        This is pretty good advice,.... or go to the next level and buy your adjacent neighbors Bose or Sony wireless noise reduction headsets as a present and then crank you amp to 11.
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I really want to try out some of the Boss Waza Air headphones . . . they look pretty cool.
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                            I really want to try out some of the Boss Waza Air headphones . . . they look pretty cool.
                            They get good reviews. That's the way I'd go if I needed that sort of thing.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I recently got the CCA C12 IEMs. They gained bass response when I swapped to comply foam tips form the rubber OEM tips.

CCA C12 in-Ear Monitors, 5BA+1DD Hybrid HiFi Stereo Noise Isolating IEM Wired Earphones/Earbuds/Headphones with Detachable Tangle-Free Cable 2Pin for Musician Audiophile (Without MIC, Amber Gold) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WYWGLKW...ing=UTF8&psc=1

so far I like them. I have some cheap KZ ZST buds that were fine with our old sound system. But since we upgraded, they lack the headroom I need for monitoring.

I considered the KZ as10, but decided to try the CCA.

They are rather large, and the first time I used them there was an edge that was poking my ear. A few seconds with 150 grit sandpaper solved that problem.
                              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                              https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Working...
                              X