Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour pickup booster

Hi there!

I just ordered a Seymour Duncan pickup booster. I will use it to boost my leads for more volume, power and gain.

But what is the difference with the 9v and 18v option?

Thanks.

Marco

Re: Seymour pickup booster

Generally, more headroom. I've always used it on 9v and never needed more. It is a remarkable pedal. Good luck!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

keep in mind that if your sound is already very dirty then you may not get much volume boost no matter how much you increase the signal. do you use a pedal for dirt or the amp?

Comment

Just as a general booster for cleans and drives.

Comment

I've never felt the need to run it at 18v. It's normally always on for me, with the gain at about 10 o'clock.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

I normally run my Pickup Booster at 9v. Works great for me, particularly when I'm boosting my clean signal to get it to cut through a bit better and add some spank. I also really like using it with acoustic guitar, to give it a kick up the backside a bit! When I use it with my Strat I keep it on the whole time, mostly.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

So does anyone use it for boosting your leads/solo work? With gain and without.

Comment

yes, i do all those things. you didnt answer my question as far as amp distortion vs pedal distortion. the pup booster does a great job and making the signal stronger. if the pup booster is pre-distortion then youll get more gain and maybe a little volume boost. if the pup booster is post-distortion then youll just get more volume. potentially a lot more volume depending on your amp if you want it

Comment

Sorry. But I use it after my tube factor. So after a gain pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by dudiluty View Post
                    So does anyone use it for boosting your leads/solo work? With gain and without.
                    I use it as a solo boost on my Lead 12 pedalboard.

I leave the Lead 12 set at edge of breakup and boost it with the OD-9 for essentially a JCM800 tone. When I kick on the Pickup Booster I get additional volume, saturation, and fullness for leads.

Originally posted by dudiluty View Post
                    Sorry. But I use it after my tube factor. So after a gain pedal.
                    Are you using the Tube Factor as a boost into a dirty amp, or are you using it on its own for distortion? Like jeremy said, if you run it post-distortion you'll end up with additional volume rather than more saturation. As long as your board is run in front of the amp, you'll end up with a much larger usable range of boost than you would in the effects loop. A friend of mine used one in his effects loop years ago and anything other than minimal boost was instant feedback.
                    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

No I don't use the gain on my amp. Just the clean channel. All the gain is from the tube factor

Comment

Working...
                      X