WTB APH1NJ and ideally with APH1BJ pair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB APH1NJ and ideally with APH1BJ pair

Hi! I'm very interested to buy a set of APH1NJ/BJ pickups, ideally mid-80s. I did actually recently find an APH1BJ but will have to work with the custom shop to remove a coil-tap lead that was installed (since I want the pickup as close to original as possible). I wanted to ask this group of experts if anyone has a set of APH1NJ/BJ pickups they'd be willing to sell (I'd pay more than fairly), or at least an APH1NJ so that I can complete my set. Color of pickup bobbin doesn't matter, I'm really just after the specific model and approximate age so that I've got a decent pair for my guitar. Please let me know if you have any ideas, naturally, they're not easy to find 34 years later!

Jon

Re: WTB APH1NJ and ideally with APH1BJ pair

Lookin' for some OG Slash tones, huh?

I'm always on the lookout for older Duncans, so if I happen to come across any, I'll let you know. Good luck with the search!

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
      Lookin' for some OG Slash tones, huh?

I'm always on the lookout for older Duncans, so if I happen to come across any, I'll let you know. Good luck with the search!

Thanks so much! Yes, indeed, I would love to set-up one of my guitars with 22uf '59 style wiring and a pair of APH1_Js. I love the midrange "open" sound of those pickups. I'm a huge Slash fan, but overall, less about covering his stuff, more about applying that sweet midrange tone to my own music.

Note for anyone who has a set or even just a neck pickup... I'd pay well AND even throw in some solid swap-pickups if you're interested. I've been through a few

JJ

Comment

Just updating that I'd offer really good money even just for an APH1NJ...

Comment

Working...
        X