Chorus Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chorus Suggestions

Looking for a chorus pedal that can do multiple wave forms (sine, triangle, square, sawtooth, etc.) I like what I’ve heard on the Suhr Alexa but the price is more than I want to justify for a chorus pedal.

Any recommendations for something that can handle multiple wave patterns or am I under appreciating the value of a good chorus?

Thanks!

Re: Chorus Suggestions

Why do chorus when you can do Eventide?

PitchFactor FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
      Why do chorus when you can do Eventide?

PitchFactor FTW.
      Looks more pricey than the Suhr.

My favorite chorus came from an old Crate amp my dad used to own that had both Sine and Square chorus. Looking for a pedal that can do multiple chorus wave patterns—looks like I need to just get the Suhr.

Comment

The Boss stuff is good enough for the greatest Chorus offenders in rock, metal, and new wave history so unless you wane to spend on something top end, I'd buy a used Boss Chorus for the cheaper option.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Does the Suhr give the option of using multiple waveforms simultaneously?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Just because I am curious, and I go through periods of using Chorus pedals a lot, what would the advantages be for other waveforms? I think 'normal' chorus is more or less a sine wave, but what can you do with triangle or saw?
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Just because I am curious, and I go through periods of using Chorus pedals a lot, what would the advantages be for other waveforms? I think 'normal' chorus is more or less a sine wave, but what can you do with triangle or saw?
              Oh my friend. They have much different flavors and textures. Go to 7:26

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                Looking for a chorus pedal that can do multiple wave forms (sine, triangle, square, sawtooth, etc.) I like what I’ve heard on the Suhr Alexa but the price is more than I want to justify for a chorus pedal.

Any recommendations for something that can handle multiple wave patterns or am I under appreciating the value of a good chorus?

Thanks!
                Have you looked at the Chorus Factory? IIRC Aceman has one that he loves.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                  Oh my friend. They have much different flavors and textures. Go to 7:26

Look who shows up with his damn Moog again.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

That Moogerfooger looks like it is for someone who wants tao invent their own chorus!

Mincer is a CF-7 fan also; Two Roland flavors: Old Boss CH-1 & CE-5, TC Ultra hi-fi, Uber-analog Voodoo, Choralflange, and for you Cobainiacs, a Small Clone.

That's a lot of ground. Plus, note the six concentric pots. Each model has adjustable parameters that the originals don't. Delay time, High shelving EQ, etc....varies by model. You can nail any of the namesakes, plus make some unique stuff.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Those other waveforms don't sound as good to me with chorus. Maybe it is the blend he has. BTW, the Chorus Factory is a great, cheap pedal.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Funny, because I always used to use square wave chorus with distortion. I figured that it better mirrored the distorted signal. Sounded better than sine or saw tooth. Tighter I think.

Comment

What about the TC Electronics Corona Chorus? With the Toneprint ability, it should be able to do just about any type of chorus. I have one and like it, but I haven't experimented too much with alternate voicings, since the default sounds good to me. Personally, the best chorus I've ever owned was on a Visual Sound H2O pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                            Does the Suhr give the option of using multiple waveforms simultaneously?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
                            Excellent question! Without trying one, I’m thinking no based on the description. They describe it as having two presets to choose from.

listen here: https://www.suhr.com/electronics/ped...ulation/alexa/

The different types vary on how and when the tone modulates. I see most of the differences as being more impactful on a clean channel—but I love a Square Chorus with distortion, so having multiple really gives many options.

I really like the modulation on their Ramp Up and Down

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                            Have you looked at the Chorus Factory? IIRC Aceman has one that he loves.

Thar one was on a list I was reading, haven’t tried one but am checking videos out!

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                            Funny, because I always used to use square wave chorus with distortion. I figured that it better mirrored the distorted signal. Sounded better than sine or saw tooth. Tighter I think.
                            i never tried to explain the why, but I prefer Square with Distortion too! Sine sounded better clean to me.

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                            What about the TC Electronics Corona Chorus? With the Toneprint ability, it should be able to do just about any type of chorus. I have one and like it, but I haven't experimented too much with alternate voicings, since the default sounds good to me. Personally, the best chorus I've ever owned was on a Visual Sound H2O pedal.
                            I had one of those H2Os as well! Very cool pedal but I had trouble dialing in with my amps at the time (Fender Hot Rod Deville 2X12 and Mesa Boogie DC5 12.)

Thank you everyone for the advice, good stuff to research! Probably just going to save up for the Alexa after reading up on a bunch of them, but definitely checking out other options.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                              The Boss stuff is good enough for the greatest Chorus offenders in rock, metal, and new wave history so unless you wane to spend on something top end, I'd buy a used Boss Chorus for the cheaper option.
                              Thought I grabbed this in my previous reply—I’m gonna sound crazy but I actually didn’t really care for the Boss Chorus pedals. I know they are extremely popular, and they sound great when others play them (kinda like Les Pauls to me) but I just couldn’t dial them in.

Granted, my gear is totally different from the last time I owned one.

Comment

Working...
                              X