X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wiring 2 vol 1 tone and 2 DPDT for split col

Originally posted by shadowfire90 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]103125[/ATTACH]
    This is a great diagram. I hadn't thought about doing this before, but it is a super idea to create a "pseudo coil tap". Same principle as blueman's spin-a-split but at a fixed impedance of one coil. This eliminates the need for another pot dedicated to the split. With a little trial and error a desired value for the resistor can be determined to fit your specific needs.

Great research to find that diagram and thanks for posting it here.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I'm glad you like it. Yeah I saw PRS adding resistors and never saw anyone else draw this out or really mention it so I drew it out myself. Share it with any other forums you guys are on. A bit off topic but I know PRS picked those values specifically. Anyone know the math behind it? the pickups coil plus the resistor in series is what I may have heard. I asked Dylan Pickups to make a video on it but I'm sure someone can shed some light on it. Ever see the blend / phase trick Lindy Frailin posted? Not my cup of tea but it's one of the more creative things I've seen online lately. This is the video. i have this drawn out too.

back to Leastamongstus
      let us know if there is any hum in position 2 and if so we'll help you figure out the diagram to get it perfect. To save me us all some response next time just say oh switch black to white or whatever I mean this in a way that doesn't come off as me being condescending.

Comment

A 2.2k resister would roughly be like a coil tap wire at about 50-60% the the wind of one coil, depending upon the resistance of the particular pup, of course.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
        X