Bass pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bass pedals

Updated my board. Replaced the One Spot with a Donner “isolated” supply. Not sure if it really is isolated, but it has a ton out outlets and even with an OD and fuzz on, it’s silent.

D’Addario Chromatic Tuner
    EHX Bass Balls mini
    SolidgoldFX Beta Hi Gain
    Way Huge Seollen Pickle
    Boss TR-2 Tremolo
    Donner RevEcho
    Boss RC-20XL
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

No pedals yet but looking to add a compressor when I get some money not earmarked for essentials
      Narrowed it down to the M87, the studio bass, or maybe earthquaker Warden cuz it seems to add a little color that sounds nice in demos

Comment

I’m gonna get a Boss CS-2, purely because it’s Juan Alderete’s favorite pedal.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

When I use a bass effect (besides the rack Aphex Aural Exciter)
          It's a Keeley 4 knob compressor.
          But the new Ibanez really doesn't need it.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's face it...bass just does not need that many pedals. But I do! Fortunately I play guitar mostly...

Comp
            Octave
            OD/Fuzz
            Synth
            Chorus
            Optional: Wah

Man - there isn't much you can't do with that. And that's a pretty big board right there.I almost never want Delay/Verb on a bass and never see bass players use it.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I really wanted that MXR M87 pedal. Soooo much good press on it! Ended up with Boss Limiter because of good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                Let's face it...bass just does not need that many pedals. But I do! Fortunately I play guitar mostly...

Comp
                Octave
                OD/Fuzz
                Synth
                Chorus
                Optional: Wah

Man - there isn't much you can't do with that. And that's a pretty big board right there.I almost never want Delay/Verb on a bass and never see bass players use it.
                There isn't much you can do with that? Dude, wtf?

It really depends on the setting, I suppose. If we're talking most rock bands, yeah, no need for anything. If we're talking me hanging out with my looper, I always use delay and reverb. I'll turn on my fuzz with the Bassballs in front, and play weird synth stuff. If I loop a bassline to play melodically over, I'll do it with a fretted bass, then double it with my fretless with light tremolo.

The difference in bass and guitar is really in the attitude of the musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                  There isn't much you can do with that? Dude, wtf?
                  I said "can't" read carefully....

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    I said "can't" read carefully....
                    Oops

Comment

This inspired me to go to Talk Bass. Whole sub forum on bass pedals there....

Comment

TalkBass is great.

Comment

The bassplayer of my band had a EHX Bassballs. Quite cool effect (enveloppe filter).

I bought one bass effect : MXR Bass Distortion (inspired by the RAT circuit but it has dry knob and a wet knob).
                          MXR has a nice selection for bassplayer.
                          Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Originally posted by Francois View Post
                            The bassplayer of my band had a EHX Bassballs. Quite cool effect (enveloppe filter).
                            Have your bass player run the Bassballs with the distortion switch on in front of a fuzz pedal set moderately. It gets really compressed and sounds like a really wicked synth.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	radial_tonebonebassbone_01_3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	5820778

Mo' better bass tone
                              Hoo Hooooo Hooo Hoooooooo

http://talktobears.hearnow.com

Sent from an old crank telephone in rural GA

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
                                . . . or maybe earthquaker Warden cuz it seems to add a little color that sounds nice in demos . . .
                                That looks interesting. I'll have to check that out.

Comment

Working...
                                X