Telecaster Strat Hybrid Pickup Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Telecaster Strat Hybrid Pickup Set

For classic Strat/Tele I reckon SSL-2/SSL-2/Broadcaster would cover that. I do agree that the JD would be a good alternative in the bridge.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

i dont really hear the jd as having much more output than the broadcaster. the eq is different for sure, which is why i like it better

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        i dont really hear the jd as having much more output than the broadcaster. the eq is different for sure, which is why i like it better
        Yeah, same for me. Broadcaster feels raunchier to me, the JD sweeter.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

yeah, the broadcaster is snottier. more treble and upper upper mids, tight bottom with more spank than the jd which i hear as having a broader, sweeter mid range with less bottom and warmer top

Comment

I decided to go with the JD. Honestly, I didn't want to go down an OCD rabbit hole searching for the perfect pickup. Instead, I made a decision, and if I don't like it, I'll try the Broadcaster out. I'll post some pics once I get the guitar built and let you know what I think about the tone. Pretty excited, and think this is gonna be a special instrument.

Comment

I think you will be happy with the JD, but make sure you update us on the progress.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i personally dislike to go from a nice and chimey broad neck sound to a mid heavy warm rhythm PU.
                so i would chose the SD Broadcaster over the JD

Comment

that sentence doesnt make sense to me. the bridge is the rhythm pup?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                    that sentence doesnt make sense to me. the bridge is the rhythm pup?
                    sorry,
                    yes you're are right.

it should read lead or better Bridge PU:
                    "i personally dislike to go from a nice and chimey broad neck sound to a mid heavy warm Bridge PU."

Comment

ah gotcha. the ssl2 and jd is a great setup in a tele so i imagine adding the middle ssl2 wont change that. the jd is warmer than the broadcaster but its still a vintage type tele pup so its plenty snappy. this isnt like the qp or hot which are fat and dark by comparison

Comment

Working...
                      X