Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fender NAMM 2020 peek ...

Tone Member

Default Re: Fender NAMM 2020 peek ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheViewFromVenus View Post
    If they copied Clint, their guitars wouldn't have a neck pickup.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
    Also, I'm not sure if Fender puts in the double thick A2s. I believe that if the are to copy the Clint-O-caster, they should spec their version true to the original.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Quote Originally Posted by orpheo View Post
    Wow, that's an intense reaction. To counter:

I have installed a few kahlers: the guitars originally had a tune o matic hardtail and with the kahler installed, even completely blocked, the midrange changed completely. From an open voice to a nasal voice: with all other things remaining the same. I and the customer who requested the kahler, had a lot of issues keeping the kahler in tune after a heavy dive bomb. The strings would hang in the roller saddles. Then, the customer all came back to have the guitar retrofitted with a Floyd. Result? The guitar stayed in tune better and sounded better again as well.

I'm sorry, but this is what I experienced. Not once, not twice but 5 times with a direct installation/retrofit, as well as with a dozen or so factory-installed Kahlers.

So, yeah. no. I'm not full of crap. I am talking from my experience. Don't we all do that, to a certain degree? Have an experience, try to see if that experience persists and comment on a question someone posts, based on your own experiences? If you have had great results and you didn't notice any change in tone (or didn't feel the change was a negative one): more power to you, man. Really. But to me, a Kahler is an expensive piece of metal that works really badly. However, I would recommend the hardtail kahler, to be honest. That bridge is amazing and works and sounds great. Would never recommend the vibrato, though.
    I had a Kahler on two different guitars and I didnt like them ether. they ran on some kind of roller saddle thing and the tunning on mine slipped. I also noticed it didnt seem to sustain as long as i thought it should ether. My guitar teacher and the other guitar sharks around that place seemed to have similur results. we all went with Floyds for better sustain and tunning stability. Did Kahler make different models? maybe we got the cheap ones or somthing. seemed like the last one came in on somthing over $1200 which at the time was pretty expensive. The problem with the Floyds we bought was the tone arms all had a extra wiggle in them. they never stayed tight and people were doing all kinds of things to tighten the tone arms up including taping around the threads to get rid of the wiggle. Once they went to the screw down tone arm it was taken care of at that point.

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Quote Originally Posted by Mincer View Post
    I like and use the Bladerunner, but it has more in common with normal Strat trems than not. As big an advancement as the Kahler or TransTrem is something we are due for.
    I use the Bladerunner too. its a huge improvement over the standard strat bridge. I found it sustained better and the tone was more pronounced. it did increase the string tension slightly more but the tradeoff was well worth it.

Slutbucker Pimpologist ArtieToo's Avatar

I love the Strat-a-Tele. I had to look at it for a minute before I realized what was "wrong."

Name:  Fender-Parallel-Universe-2018-Limited-Edition-Whiteguard-Strat-.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  101.0 KB

I'm not a Tele owner, however ... I'm guessing the white pickguard?
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Duncan Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Duncan Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), 59(b)/59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Quote Originally Posted by JamesPaul View Post
    I'm not a Tele owner, however ... I'm guessing the white pickguard?
    You missed it too. It's not a Tele body. It's a Strat body.

No, the Strat body is expected. It is in the name: Strat-a-Tele.

Adult beverages early today?

I still think the White Tele pickguard looks out of place.

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Duncan Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Duncan Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), 59(b)/59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Actually, I made up the Strat-a-Tele name. They call it the "Fender Parallel Universe 2018 Limited Edition Whiteguard Strat."

...and I trusted you!!!

Seriously, there goes my explanation. I don't get it at all now. Maybe I need to spend more time in a parallel universe?

Interesting that they call it a Strat when everything on it is Tele except the body. It definitely plays mind games with you because you instantly see the guard and neck and automatically think it's Tele. Then you look at the body and don't know where you are anymore.

Kind of a cool idea. I think it would look better with a black guard though.

...and I trusted you!!!
    Now . . . I owe you a beer. Or two.

(I still like the guitar.)

I am probably still in the negatives, but I can definitely subtract one or two from those I owe you!

If I had more Tele knowledge, the official name would have made more sense. Whiteguard comes first, so it should be more Tele than Strat.

Inside the Fender Parallel Universe Whiteguard Strat

I am going to start calling my rescue Lead II the "Fender Parallel Universe Lead TD".

I would have called it Tele-Ergo-Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic
    Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic
    I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
    I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
    I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.

Fender regularly posts some weirdo hybrid creations on its Instagram page, btw.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Getting everyone primed for an April Fools post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic
    Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic
    I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
    I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
    I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.

They've sold hybrid Strats for years, as limited editions and as full one-off custom shop models. I think hybrid Strats are sexier than regular Strats or Teles! Warmoth makes hybrid Strat bodies, as well.

If I had more Tele knowledge, the official name would have made more sense. Whiteguard comes first, so it should be more Tele than Strat.

Inside the Fender Parallel Universe Whiteguard Strat

I am going to start calling my rescue Lead II the "Fender Parallel Universe Lead TD".
    Nice link. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by toneking77 View Post
    Interesting that they call it a Strat when everything on it is Tele except the body.
    They called the HM Strat a "strat" although neither its neck nor its body are strat's.
    In the early days they called their pitch-bending bridge design a "tremolo" and their pulsating volume circuit a "vibrato".

So either they are really bad at naming things or they just have a trolling fetish.

After all of these years, and many models later, I have to conclude they are bad at naming things. Although with tremolo and vibrato being confused for the last 60 years, I think it might have changed the meanings of those words by now.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Ultimate Tone Member

I'm in a conundrum at the moment with this Fender HM strat:

I ordered the damn thing THE DAY that they were announced at NAMM at Guitar Center (I did a trade-in to get it). It was ordered on Jan 20th and yet it is still not in. However lots of other stores are already getting theirs. I don't want to wait for GC to get theirs if they even get them at all and then they are sold out. Or should i get my money back from Guitar Center and order through another vender?
    Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
    Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega