Fender NAMM 2020 peek ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender NAMM 2020 peek ...

Fender might be about to announce a reissue of an old 80s shredder guitar, the Limited Edition HM Strat 2020 model - Check out the eye-popping 80s finishes on these!

Made in Mexico im guessing, Another $1200 Mexi strat ?

Would be nice to see something innovative come from Fender Mexico instead of re-runs.

Re: Fender NAMM 2020 peek ...

Love the headstock decal. I agree, though, prices of import guitars are getting more and more ridiculous. The quality has gone up over the years, though, so at least there's that.
    Last edited by Open lane; 01-12-2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

I feel like you can only reach the 24th fret by contorting your hand around a lower bout cutaway that hasn't been made deep enough. Also, given that fender owns Charvel and Jackson . . . not entirely sure why they're making these models.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Looks pretty much like the Ice Blue HM Strat I had in the 80's. Mine had a Kahler, not a Floyd.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
          Looks pretty much like the Ice Blue HM Strat I had in the 80's. Mine had a Kahler, not a Floyd.
          I just saw an ice blue one with a Floyd at a friend's guitar shop in for repair. I dig it! Fender will mine their past for the foreseeable future, as new designs from them are really slow to catch on. I always liked this model, and wished they had 22 frets w/ HH configuration. I suppose I should just get a Charvel, then.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I always liked this model, and wished they had 22 frets w/ HH configuration.
            Me, too! 24 frets always messed me up, and I'd get lost on the neck. Doesn't matter if it's guitar or bass.... Gimme 22 frets or less.

Comment

Oooh yes. The HM Strat is virtually the only model Fender could have made that could have made me interested in separating from my hard-earned money. The teal one is so hot! Unfortunately, at 300 pieces it is unlikely that a single one will make it to Norway.
              Last edited by Sirion; 01-12-2020, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                I feel like you can only reach the 24th fret by contorting your hand around a lower bout cutaway that hasn't been made deep enough. Also, given that fender owns Charvel and Jackson . . . not entirely sure why they're making these models.
                Why not? It is a classic model that has a nostalgic fan-base (there was a huge thread on TGP about it a few days ago), and it does a slightly different thing than those guitars anyway – noe in particular the 25.1" (!) scale length. At 300 models, I suspect that most of them will go to people who wouldn't have bought another Charvel if the HM reďssue had never happened.
                Last edited by Sirion; 01-12-2020, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Me, too! 24 frets always messed me up, and I'd get lost on the neck. Doesn't matter if it's guitar or bass.... Gimme 22 frets or less.
                  I just think the neck pickup simply sounds better, as it is in the 'right' location.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                    https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2020-l...hm-strat-2020/

Made in Mexico im guessing, Another $1200 Mexi strat ?

Would be nice to see something innovative come from Fender Mexico instead of re-runs.
                    There are some rumours that these will be made in Japan, like the classic HM Strats, but I guess nobody really knows at this point.

Comment

Fender is also coming out with a reissue of their Lead III from the early 80s.

Comment

Ive had 24 fret guitars but i have never been in a band situation were i used them.

Comment

Fender is also coming out with a reissue of their Lead III from the early 80s.
                          Not cool. That one was never a big seller.

Comment

Fender NAMM 2020 peek ...

I had one of those back in the day, in “fuschia” or “magenta” or something. I paid like $300 for it maybe. At least I had a rule back then I wouldn’t pay more than $300 for any instrument. Would be cool to have it back again.

Last edited by beaubrummels; 01-13-2020, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Not cool. That one was never a big seller.
                              Only around one year, but I still kinda liked it. The originals had some weird square humbuckers that were proprietary to that model.

Comment

Working...
                              X