Fender NAMM 2020 peek ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender NAMM 2020 peek ...

Looks like Fender under-promised and over-delivered. I received notification that my Lead III has shipped.
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
      I have been installing Kahlers and Floyds for my clients since the 80's and you are as full of crap as you can be!!!!!!

Both systems are large chunks of metal on a wooden guitar. Yes they change the tone from a non-vibrato guitar. But neither tone is horrible. Kahlers are actually MORE stable than Floyds. They have ball bearings for LESS friction, not fulcrums on pivot points.

I say AGAIN, you are FULL OF CRAP!
      Owned a bunch of guitars with both over the years . Agree with you here 100% that Kahlers if properly set up are every bit as stable as a Floyd at the very least and in some ways are more stable. The wild card was that behind the nut lock Kahler used instead of a using a real locking nut. The very best locking system ever IMO was the old Kahler Steeler and Floyd was so threatened by the unit they sued Kahler and forced it off the market.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Not being familiar with the Steeler, how did it work?
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Both of mine are 23xx series IIRC. Here is a brief explanation of the operation. I am confident there is more detailed info out there.

https://www.premierguitar.com/articl...ms-race?page=5

This link has some close-ups and descriptions at the top. I am glad I found it as I am not sure where my original instructions are.

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Some of my typical low quality phone pics showing mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bulletKahler.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	5818206Click image for larger version

Name:	stratKahler.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	5818207
          Last edited by JamesPaul; 02-09-2020, 02:19 AM. Reason: Adding another link; adding some pics

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
            Both of mine are 23xx series IIRC. Here is a brief explanation of the operation. I am confident there is more detailed info out there.

https://www.premierguitar.com/articl...ms-race?page=5

This link has some close-ups and descriptions at the top. I am glad I found it as I am not sure where my original instructions are.

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm

Some of my typical low quality phone pics showing mine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103245[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]103246[/ATTACH]
            Awesome resources for how the Kahler works...thanks!

Comment

Similar info for the Steeler.

http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Steeler_Setup.htm

Comment

I think we are at a good time for Fender or another company with really deep pockets to revisit the design of the trem. I am talking about something radically different (but better working) than what is currently available. What prevents this kind of engineering is that the big companies like Fender have a lot of money in 70 year old designs, and that's what people seem to want. They aren't really given any other options, though.

Comment

But why? The round wheel has been fundamentally similar to what it has been ten thousand years ago because it works.

Same should go for modern trems.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by Myaccount876
                  Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

the railtail by Floyd Rose and the Sophia Trems are fairly new and a new take on current trems? The Tremking and SuperVee were also fairly fresh designs but each had their own struggles. (The blade on the superVee could snap after heavy abuse and the rolling pins on the Tremking could wear out and simply stop returning to its neutral zero after a while).

Comment

I like and use the Bladerunner, but it has more in common with normal Strat trems than not. As big an advancement as the Kahler or TransTrem is something we are due for.

Comment

I kind of like the green one, in a guilty pleasure kind of way. You know, I would own it and play it in my house but not in public. I do have a rep to uphold.

I also remember when MIM guitars for $300-$400 and were better than they are today.
                        -Butch

Comment

To me it is a Fender that looks like a Charvel.
                          Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

2 more 'new' models from Fender...here and here.

I guess you can put endless variations together and call it a new model. Maybe that is 'innovating' today.

Comment

Looks like Fender just copied the Clint 55 Strats for the latter!

Clint should get a cut of the profits.

Comment

Originally posted by STLMTLHD79 View Post
                                I watched one of his personal youtube videos and he said that the bridge is still the Super Distortion, but the neck is a Dimarzio "fast track".
                                The stock bridge pup was a Super 3, not a Super D. You can tell in the video from the black hex polepieces.
                                Last edited by devastone; 02-14-2020, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X