Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSH Super-Strat Wiring Advice / Diagram Help

Hi All:

I'm looking to wire up my HSH Super Strat (Trembucker, SSL, Jazz Neck) with a Megaswitch E+ (not the E Model) and a Push Pull to coil split the Humbuckers. The diagram shown here is basically what I'm looking for but I have three controls, not two. Any advice (or diagrams) on how to make my controls Vol (bridge) Vol (neck) and a Master Tone? How About Master Vol, and bridge tone / neck tone?

Last edited by ammalato; 01-13-2020, 10:26 AM.

Re: HSH Super-Strat Wiring Advice / Diagram Help

You mean coil "split". "Tap" refers to a very special wiring inside the pup and with an extra "tap" wire.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Correct, coil splitting...I've edited my original post

Comment

neck tone and bridge tone is the easiest to add. I'll draw something out more professional but pretty much the approach is similar to a 1 volume 2 tone H/H setup.

firstly connect the ground pots the same way
        the push pull can be either pot, pick which works best for you. Personally I like the 2nd pot to be my push pull
        the capacitor filters the pickup before it hits the switch like so. To make this two volumes is going to be a little trickier.

I didn't have much time to make a proper diagram. However this is quick yet effective. The additions are the black squares. Send the black wire from each pickup to a tone pot. Then send the black wire to the corresponding part of the switch and you're set. Two volumes I'll have to check and see what can be done. I wouldn't recommend it if it was me. Maybe a blend to potentially have all 3 pickups in? it's very easy to install is the good news.

Comment

Thank you SO much. This is fantastic.

Comment

Oh it only gets better. I forgot about this post. This will help more I drew this out myself in photoshop. I've corrected it to being neck and middle tone so more strat like. Just keep in mind of the orientation of the switch. I've never owned a Schaller megaswitch so in case it isn't labeled or anything like that but this will help.

To pick which tone controls you want just make sure the white (middle pickup) or black from the humbuckers gets filtered through the capacitor. That being said you can have any combination of tone controls. Such as bridge/neck which I'd instinctively go with. Middle/neck this one is below.

pot values I'd stick to everything being 500k
            capacitor values are up to you I've got a great side by side comparison

he just mentions which capacitor he's using and plays some chords and basic riffs. Any material besides ceramic will do the job. No need to spend more than a cup of coffee on a capacitor I would tell people because of the low voltage and the most "extreme" heat or cold a properly taken care of guitar gets I wouldn't worry in the slightest. Cheap green polyester capacitors are more than good enough. Tayda2009 on ebay I used to get all my components form for pedal builds and guitar projects. His prices are dirt cheap like 2-5$ for a bag of capacitors that will last most people their life times.

good luck with your project
            Last edited by shadowfire90; 01-14-2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I can't thank you enough for this. I actually didn't even realize you had added another diagram until just now. Is there any way you might be able to draw it out with he push/pull on the last tone (farthest from the volume) and with a neck and bridge tone control? I don't want to screw anything up as these tend to confuse me.

Originally posted by shadowfire90 View Post
              Oh it only gets better. I forgot about this post. This will help more I drew this out myself in photoshop. I've corrected it to being neck and middle tone so more strat like. Just keep in mind of the orientation of the switch. I've never owned a Schaller megaswitch so in case it isn't labeled or anything like that but this will help.

To pick which tone controls you want just make sure the white (middle pickup) or black from the humbuckers gets filtered through the capacitor. That being said you can have any combination of tone controls. Such as bridge/neck which I'd instinctively go with. Middle/neck this one is below.

pot values I'd stick to everything being 500k
              capacitor values are up to you I've got a great side by side comparison

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102818[/ATTACH]

he just mentions which capacitor he's using and plays some chords and basic riffs. Any material besides ceramic will do the job. No need to spend more than a cup of coffee on a capacitor I would tell people because of the low voltage and the most "extreme" heat or cold a properly taken care of guitar gets I wouldn't worry in the slightest. Cheap green polyester capacitors are more than good enough. Tayda2009 on ebay I used to get all my components form for pedal builds and guitar projects. His prices are dirt cheap like 2-5$ for a bag of capacitors that will last most people their life times.

good luck with your project

Comment

Working...
              X