EHX Knockout Attack Equalizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHX Knockout Attack Equalizer

Anybody have success using the Electro-Harmonix Knockout Attack Equalizer pedal to make their Les Paul type guitar sound like a Strat, like is claimed in the demo video?

https://youtu.be/XOoa8ePIW-o
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Re: EHX Knockout Attack Equalizer

I had to Google a bunch to find what that actually does. From the name you'd think it's a compressor but it seems it's just a simple EQ.

One review I read said the bass cuts/boosts around 85 Hz and the treble cuts/boosts around 6 KHz. The blend knob is straight forward. If that's true, you could buy almost any EQ pedal and only use the upper and lower most sliders to do the same thing.

Seems like intentional vagueness. Pretty shady marketing.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bigcupholder; 01-14-2020, 05:14 PM.

Comment

The video certainly isn't faked in any way, although the mini humbucker in that LP are brighter than most full-size humbucker.
      I agree that you can probably do something similar with a good graphic eq or a dual parametric (which is sorta what this pedal is), but if that is the sound you like then you know for sure that pedal will do it really easily.

However,mif I understand correctly it cannot boost, only cut? That really limits its versatility.
      Last edited by Dave Locher; 01-14-2020, 10:27 PM.

Comment

It just literally "knocks out" output and specific frequencies of the bandwith. Pretty straightforward tool pedal. That's why it's also cheap.

Same line of pedals with the LPB-1 (simple "clean boost"), Mole (boosts bass) and Screaming Bird (boosts treble).
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I had one a while ago, it mainly just scoops the he'll outta the tone or brighten it to a tinny like tone. But it was cool, I could see how it could emulate a strat tone, but I had a dimarzio bluesbucker with a coil split and it did sound like a strat
          Jackson Custom Tele
          Epiphone G400 PRO
          Marshall DSL40C w/V30
          GLS Audio
          Ernie Ball
          Dunlop
          SD-1

Play music to skate too 🤙

Comment

Working...
          X