EVH 5150 III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH 5150 III

Man, I just played through another one of these this past week and forgot how much I absolutely love this amp. The clean tone is great on it and I love that blue channel. I actually prefer it to the red channel. I had my Duncan 805 overdrive in front of the amp and it just crushed. I'm trying not to spend money, but I don't know if I can hold myself back from getting one of these soon.

Re: EVH 5150 III

Look for a used 50w!
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

I used to have the LBX 2 and currently own the LBX 1. I like the red channel unboosted, but the boosted blue channel on either the 2 or 1 is to die for as well.

Comment

Been playing the 100 W head for 8 years or so now. It's a marvelous monster, though I can't say I ever got along too well with the blue channel. I just use it for slightly dirtier cleans.
        --------------------------------------------------------
        1973 Aria 551
        1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
        1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
        1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
        1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
        1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
        2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

I have the EL34 50w. In hindsight I wish I had gotten the 6l6 combo with the attenuator though. Would have been better for my uses.

I did recently put a precision OD pedal in front of it and wow, the blue channel really did sound much better.

Comment

Don’t know where you are in Chicago but there’s a used 50 watt at the guitar center in Naperville...

Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more
            Last edited by Travis; 01-15-2020, 09:39 PM.
            Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis View Post
              Don’t know where you are in Chicago but there’s a used 50 watt at the guitar center in Naperville...

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/EV...d-116052297.gc
              Thanks, Travis! I'm not too far from Naperville. I'd like to get the 100 watt version, though.

Comment

Originally posted by BaritoneVitoND View Post
                Thanks, Travis! I'm not too far from Naperville. I'd like to get the 100 watt version, though.
                You may want to wait for the new one coming out this year that showcased at NAMM! It looks awesome! It's a 50w though.

Comment

Working...
                X