Quarter Pound Humbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quarter Pound Humbucker

The Quarter Pounder is a single-coil. Did Duncan at one time make a humbucker version of it?

Comment

Originally posted by 357mag View Post
      The Quarter Pounder is a single-coil. Did Duncan at one time make a humbucker version of it?
      That they did - https://twitter.com/seymourduncan/st...78903314104320 - perhaps Custom Shop only though.
      Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

Comment

I don't know how many were made, but they can still make them, as well as any wind you want with 1/4" poles.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by 357mag View Post
          the link to twitter was literally in the first post. The explanation was literally there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            I don't know how many were made, but they can still make them, as well as any wind you want with 1/4" poles.
            I had to debate Dennis a little to get him to put the Ant Mustang wind in a Firebird and the Ant Jaguar wind in a hum. But in the end he came through!
            Last edited by Clint 55; 01-17-2020, 01:39 AM.
            The things that you wanted
            I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Any wind that falls within set parameters and gauges. I tried to setup something for a high gain wind that I've been trying a decade for and they don't accept materials being bought in by customers - so, I have to hope that a wind I have created can be replicated using different material and gauge wire and then made by SD - I'd have to do the magnet swap thereafter.

I have wound a range of gauges and, if you get the right bobbin size, winding ultra-fine on a machine is perfectly possible - slower speeds are need but, the results are seriously good.

Comment

If you were having a QPbucker made in the Custom Shop they could underwind one (or both) of the coils for you, to brighten up its series tone.

MJ knows what she's doing, and having built earlier models of this she should be able to make a pretty good call on how much underwind would be needed.
                "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                  If you were having a QPbucker made in the Custom Shop they could underwind one (or both) of the coils for you, to brighten up its series tone.

MJ knows what she's doing, and having built earlier models of this she should be able to make a pretty good call on how much underwind would be needed.
                  That she does. A true legend. I hope the Avalanche she made me is as good as I think it'll be.

Comment

Working...
                  X