Hot stack tele vs quarter pound tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot stack tele vs quarter pound tele

Who has experience with these 2 pickups? I’m trying to figure out which one to put on me mim tele. I decided on these 2 because from what I have read and sound clips I have heard they can handle high gain and still have some of the tele character when clean. Also what would be a good neck pickup to use with either one besides getting the matched set?

Hot stack tele vs quarter pound tele

I hated the quarter pounder and the 54 tele lead . I haven’t tried the stacked . My tele has a set of custom dark moon pickups in it . I’d recommend getting in contact with “mark v “ from dark moon . He knew exactly what I was looking for before I even gave any real details [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Hot stack tele vs quarter pound tele

The QP actually sounds louder to me, and has this sort of bark to it. The Hot Stack sounds a little more Tele-ish to me, but both are about as far as you can get from Tele pickups and still hear a little Tele in there. What do you look for in a neck pickup? I like humbuckers there, but I am not going for a neck Tele sound.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

On my ESP LTD TE-212 I had installed a STK-T2b (Hot Lead Stack) and an APH-1n (Alnico II Pro), a Les Paul three-way position switch, and individual switches for each pickup for Series / Parallel / Split wiring. Some magic on the pots, allowing to select between 500k or 250k, depending whether in series or split, to try and catch some classic tones.

The Stack still gives a Tele character, although a modern one. Handles high gain very well. A2Pro is a dream on the neck, liquid solos just pour out, and parallel and split gives very usable tones, mainly in clean/ breakup.

Never tried a QP, though.
        Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

the qp is a lot louder and doesnt have much tele character to my ear. the stack has a little of the tele character but more modern as synapsys said. both are very cool pups in their own way but neither will be confused for a vintage tele pup

Comment

I have no first hand experience, but from the clips they do not sound close at all.
            i would say:
            You like a pickup with pronounced mids: hot stack
            You like a pickup with beefed up bass and treble: QP
            or:
            Cold guitar: hot stack
            honky guitar: qp
            this is just considering the eq, of course

Comment

Working...
            X