Orange Terror Stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Terror Stamp

Orange unveiled a new pedal amp with features from both the Tiny Terror and the Dark Terror. It's 20 watts class AB, with one preamp tube. It has an FX loop, headphone out with can sim, as well as two master volumes that are foot switchable. It uses the shape knob for EQ.

Gonna be good for the pedal boards, so you only need to bring a cab, or use a backline one.
    - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
    Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
    The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Re: Orange Terror Stamp

Last edited by guitfiddle; 01-16-2020, 11:23 PM.
    - Tom

Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.

Comment

I had a Micro Dark on my pedal board for a long time. This is a better form factor plus the switchable volume is a cool feature. Nice emergency backup amp. I wish it was bypassable so I could run it into a clean amp and kill the distortion, tho.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

It's definitely a cool little piece. I hope they bring out a dark version soon.
        - Tom

Comment

If it's affordable, I think it might be a winner.

Comment

They're 200 plus tax, so 220 out the door.
            - Tom

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
              It's definitely a cool little piece. I hope they bring out a dark version soon.
              This version IS the Dark version. It has the Shape knob, FX loop, cab sim, and higher gain like the Dark. It's a Micro Dark with two footswitchable Master Volumes in a pedal form factor.

Comment

If that's case, then they got it right except for the paint job!
                Last edited by guitfiddle; 01-16-2020, 11:25 PM.
                - Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                  This version IS the Dark version. It has the Shape knob, FX loop, cab sim, and higher gain like the Dark. It's a Micro Dark with two footswitchable Master Volumes in a pedal form factor.
                  Yeah, but how many gain stages? Micro Terror has 2, Micro Dark has 4.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                  -Greg

Guitars:
                  2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                  2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                  2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                  Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Originally posted by skyydogg01 View Post
                    Yeah, but how many gain stages? Micro Terror has 2, Micro Dark has 4.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                    To me it sounds like Micro Terror. Added with micro dark features.
                    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I have the Micro a Dark and a Dark Terror (both for three years). The new STAMP seems like it might be akin to thenMicro Dark with a few added features, but with a similar price as the Dark. This would appeal to many players today who usually gig in small rooms, cafes, and the like. It has a more convenient shape and for places that have quality house P.A. systems, I can see this satisfying many needs of players today. Perhaps the biggest asset to it is the price.

Studioplayer

Comment

- Tom

Comment

Really does look promising!
                          "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
                          "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
                          "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
                          "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

Color me very interested. More so by the AMT bricks, but I'd need a power amp to build a complete pedal-board rig with those.

Comment

I love the concept of playing a gig with a pedalboard and a 4x12 with no head on top of it. Just pedalboard to cab.

Comment

Working...
                              X