Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Orange Terror Stamp

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
    I love the concept of playing a gig with a pedalboard and a 4x12 with no head on top of it. Just pedalboard to cab.
    Just one 4x12? That doesn't sound like you.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
      Just one 4x12? That doesn't sound like you.
      Hahah. I don't only play the big heavy doom stuff. I moonlight in punk and emo bands sometimes and the Micro Dark was perfect for those gigs.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Hahah. I don't only play the big heavy doom stuff. I moonlight in punk and emo bands sometimes and the Micro Dark was perfect for those gigs.
        It's a beast alright. I played a Sabbath tribute show with mine, on a Rivera 410 and it was plenty loud onstage. The sound man got a kick out of such a little amp with such a huge sound, for sure.
        - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
        Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
        The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Something like this may be just want I want. Love the Jubilee and will never part with it but my guitars and amp are in the room next my son's room, even at a moderate volume level, can get a bit loud for him.
          1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
          Jackson Soloist 7 string
          ESP LTD M-400
          Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I love the concept of playing a gig with a pedalboard and a 4x12 with no head on top of it. Just pedalboard to cab.
            Yep, it's basically become my go-to rig these days, just using a pedalboard with the Duncan Powerstage 170 and some pedals, and a 4x12. I initially started doing that just for travel gigs for the sake of space and simplicity but now I'm doing that all the time even when playing closer to home. I was a bit worried about having such a long speaker cable possibly affecting my tone but I haven't noticed anything negative.

Comment

Hell yeah. In my last band I gigged with a Sunn model T or a Green Matamp most of the time. The only time my bandmates said I was too loud was when I brought the Micro Dark.
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

And here I am, trying to come up with a way to mount my Micro Dark into a combo.

I'm thinking about a 2x10 topload (like a Fender Tweed style).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                -Greg

Guitars:
                2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Originally posted by RevDoom73 View Post
                  Yep, it's basically become my go-to rig these days, just using a pedalboard with the Duncan Powerstage 170 and some pedals, and a 4x12. I initially started doing that just for travel gigs for the sake of space and simplicity but now I'm doing that all the time even when playing closer to home. I was a bit worried about having such a long speaker cable possibly affecting my tone but I haven't noticed anything negative.
                  Long speaker cable will have much less effect on tone than long guitar cable, the speaker cable shouldn't have any noticeable effect on tone as long as it is a decent gauge.

Comment

Working...
                  X